CAFE CHALLENGE #7 - RESULT THREAD

Discussion in 'Challenge and Contests Forum' started by Frits, Jun 17, 2005.

1. First, thank you all for participating. The submissions were great and reflected a widely varied interpretation of the subject: "STRENGTH".

The results:

1st place (29 points): MCS - Smoking
    2nd place (17 points): Chbar - Bones of a bridge
    3rd place (15 points): NB23 - Total wreck

Honorable mentions go to:
    Joe Lorenzini - Horse and rider (14 points)
    Mike Mac - Wounded biker (13 points)

Congratulations to the winners!!

Thanks also to "Management" to let me run this Challenge, I enjoyed it...

So, I now pass on the torch to the Champion of this Challenge, Michael Schuster, to lead the next Nikon Cafe Challenge. I look forward to it!!

2. Congratulations to the winners. This was a well thought out and run challenge. I enjoyed participating. Looking forward to the next one. I truely enjoyed all entries.
    Thanks Frits!

3. Congrats to all the winners....extremely well done!

And great work hosting the challenge, Frits.

Best wishes,

David

4. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Congrats MCS on your "Smoking" image. It was technically and artistically perfect !

Cant wait for the next challenge.

Regards

RFC

5. Many thanks to Frits for hosting this challenge and coming up with such an imaginative topic. Congrats to Michael, Chbar and NB23. This was fun. I thoroughly enjoyed everyones work.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

6. Congrats to all who participated. There were a lot of good entries, some very personal as well.

These challenges look like a lot of fun. I'll have to try one.

7. linm

linm

May 3, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    Great Challenge and Congrats to MCS for "Smoking". I chose that as #1 because I loved the image and thought it was technically superb!

8. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

9. Wow!

Wow, I´m overwhelmed! :p :p :p :p

Thanks very much for the votes,

And Congratulations to Chbar, NB23 and all other participants which came up with such inspiring ideas!

There were so much great entries, to a really interesting topic!

I would also like to thank Frits for doing a great job hosting this Challenge!

Frits, it will be very hard to live up to your example (especially your almost poetic introduction to the voting thread :wink: )!

I will take the next 2 Days to think of the next Topic for the Challenge #8 and present it on Sunday. :idea: :idea:

PS.
    Thanks for the reminder Monty Dog!

The setup for my picture included, among other things:

- my car, which didn't move that day (except from the garage to the front)
    - D70 with AF-D 50 1.8 on Tripod, SB800
    - a whole pack of cigarettes (borrowed from my "smoking" brother) taped all at once to the air intake of an old foot air pump!
    - some tubes to get the smoke from the pump into the wheel rim
    - about 50 Pics, until the smoke looked good
    - and finally a little PS-Layer-mask to give the brake rotor the right amount of red glow.

BTW
    The foot-pump didn't make it through the shooting, the heat from the burning cigarettes melted part of its inside :wink:
    ...gives one an idea of how fatal smoking can be...

:wink:

10. Congrats MCS!

I wanted to vote today... for some reason I thought the ending owuld be friday midnight.

Anyways, so many different pictures I was having a hard time choosing... getting harder and harder.

Congrats and let's go to the challenge #8!

11. Congrats MCS, I look forward to the topic of challenge #8

12. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Congrats Michael, Christian and Enbie! Well done, it was a tough assignment and your photos are exceptional!

Can't wait for challenge #8.

13. kengo

kengo Guest

Congratulations to the winners, this was a great challenge, my first to join of any kind on line, and it was a fun experience.

14. Thank you Frits and all the participants. It has been a great challenge. Congrats to everyone. This place is full of great ideas, and filled by a particularly good spirit.

15. I didn't participate in Challenge 7, as we were dealing with 10 out of state guests, and my son's wedding. I just looked through the submissions, and am amazed at the quality of the compositions! My hat's off to all of the participants. And as far as the winners are concerned, I think the voters got it right!