CAFE CHALLENGE #8 - TOPIC THREAD

Discussion in 'Challenge and Contests Forum' started by misupix, Jun 19, 2005.

1. So here it is, the CAFE CHALLENGE #8

Please leave me the honor of being your host, for the next two weeks. :D

I have thought long about a interesting topic, and finally came up with this:

"Light and Shadow"

Shouldn't be so difficult, on first thought, almost all pictures include some light and even some shadow. It may be more difficult to make that the major theme, though :wink: !

FOR EXAMPLE:

- a completely black pic wouldn't qualify, because of the lack of light!
    - a completely white pic wouldn't qualify either, because of the lack of shadow!
    - although a high key portrait of Darth Vader may fit in, because he remained mostly on the dark side :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

But interpretation might also go a lot further, think "light and shadow" as metaphors for......

THE RULES:

- One picture per participant
    - Please give your picture a Title, and explain it a little, if you like!
    - One can edit/change the Text as often as necessary, but the posted pics should remain once posted!
    - pictures can be Edited in PS, but must have been taken during the submission dates
    - please keep the longest side of your submission under 900 pixels, this gives the best Quality, when linked!
    - Somewhat controversial pictures are permitted, but please use your judgment and keep it within reason.
    - please include the Exif Info, so that everyone can learn from your exceptional shooting skills! :wink:

SUBMISSION:

Starts NOW Sunday 06-19-05 13.00 utc/gmt
    Ends Sunday 07-03-05 20.00 utc/gmt

To avoid a time discussion here's a link to help, now that there are so many members from all around the world!
    (shameless copied from Topic thread #6, thanks to Hans):

http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_UTC.aspx

I will put up the Submission Thread right away!

When submission has ended I will put up a voting Thread and explain the voting.

So now let's start thinking, shooting and posting! Have fun! 8) 8) 8)

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    So now after I got a winner (wink) the lite and shadows turns up Always the way.

Good subject.