CAFE CHALLENGE #9 - Topic Thread

Discussion in 'Challenge and Contests Forum' started by JustinD, Jul 9, 2005.

1. We have arrived at the ninth Nikon Cafe Challenge. Here's to hoping it's a good one.

After careful consideration I have decided upon the topic for this challenge:

Summer

Images that evoke a sense of summer...the sweltering heat...mirages raising from warmed blacktop...the beach...whatever...should be included in this, the ninth Nikon Cafe Challenge.

The Rules:

- One picture per participant
    - Please give your picture a Title.
    - One can edit/change the text of the entry as often as necessary, but the posted pics are to remain unaltered once posted.
    - Pictures can be edited in PS but must have been taken during the submission dates.
    - Somewhat controversial pictures are permitted, but please use your judgment and keep it within reason.
    - Please include the EXIF data so that everyone can learn from your exceptional shooting skills!

SUBMISSION:

Submission for this challenge starts now - Saturday, July 09, 2005
    And will end on - Sunday, July 24, 2005 at 23:59 utc/gmt.

To avoid time disputes the following website will be used as our time standard:

http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_UTC.aspx

So. Post your submissions in the Submission Thread.

When the submission time has elapsed I'll put up a voting thread and explain the voting procedure in that thread at the time it's posted.

Put on your thinking caps! Be creative! And above all enjoy yourselves!

Addendum - To those of you living in the southern hemisphere - please feel free to participate. Find a way to express what summer means in a different way!

2. MaCo

MaCo

Jun 23, 2005
    Netherlands
    Justin,

Great topic, I hope I can come up with something appropriate. But, what about people from the southern hemisphere? It is winter overthere now...

3. MaCo - If you read the bottom of the post you'll see that I've encouraged them to participate as well. I think they'll be able to create images that make us think "Summer" with use of their imagination.

4. Great topic, Justin!

I'm sure everyone will be able to think of a summertime-theme for this one.

Now the thinking and shooting starts again.....

Let's hope we will get a new participants record in this one!

5. Yip, definitely the end of summer here in South Africa...the days are short, the sun weak, and the last green leaves turn brown...Sigh...
    [​IMG]
    Today, 11 July 2005, South Africa
    D2X

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Peter,

thats a pathetic looking summer shot for sure. lolol

Gee sometime things just don't happen at the right time.

Me, I'm a day early or a day late. GGGGGGGRRRRRR

7. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Is it time to vote????

8. Chris - It is indeed time to vote. The voting thread has just been posted!