Cafe Challenge comments on judging

Discussion in 'Challenge and Contests Forum' started by Greg, Sep 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    Moderator or Administrator feel free to delete if I offend or antagonize..No offense taken. Just felt the need to vent.

I believe that the real joy in these challenges is in the Judging, and the right of the winner to select the next topic. Not only do you get to see the varied interpretations of the subject by the participants but many times you get a deeper look into those that judge the photos.

It amazes me that so many folks vote with so much diversity in thier selections. I have yet to see an overwehlming winner in any of these competitions which leads me to the conclusion that the interpretation of a winner is not a black and white, win or loose, fits or not situation. But more of a "how is my image interpreted by others".

If someone feels that none of the participants is worthy then do nothing. Suggesting that none are worthy adds nothing constructive to those that do participate. Not only are negative comments to this extreme critical of the participants but also of those that take the time to judge them. this has always been an opinion based challenge between the folks that took the time to participate. I am not aware that these were to be judged against some standard other than those that are presented here.

And BTW, *******'* are like opinions, we all have one. Just most don't "drop em" and show it all. Sorry if you are having a bad day...

My sincere thanks to those that take the time to participate as I learn something from each and every one.

nuff said

2. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Greg and the membership,

Thanks for taking the time to voice your observations. I appreciate you doing so in a new thread.

The variety of images submitted and the variety of contest topics is what makes this a fun excersize. Afterall, we do this for fun, to learn and to ignite our creativity, not to ridicule, antagonize, or belittle ones creativity or vision.

With Regards,