1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Cafe Server Problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Flew, Aug 9, 2005.

1. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    It's getting slower by the hour this morning it was fine but now I can't even see posts page cannot be displayed is the message by every forum

It's 23.00 hour over here so by you it must be 6 to 8 hours earlier

2. I didn't know what to do with myself when I couldn't get through! I'd be happy to contribute to keep us going.

Reminds me of a song from way back "..you don't know what you got till it's gone."

Life rolls on...

I bought the 28mm f/2. I'm going to match it up with the 35mm f/1.4 and keep the one which best fills my needs.

By the way, the site is dog slow too.

Anyone else?

Rich

3. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    It's getting slower by the hour. This morning it was fine but now I can't even see posts "page cannot be displayed" is the message by every forum

It's 23.00 hour over here so by you it must be 6 to 8 hours earlier

4. Frank and Patrick thanks for all the hard work you do for the Cafe'. There was a moment last night that I had a brief panic attack, "what--no Cafe--Oh My God", then it just settled into withdrawal.

Oh, count me in if donations are needed to keep us up and running. I've found a home here and friends too, I don't want that to go away.

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    All,

As everyone can see, we are still having server problems. Help is on the way however. Our server vendor is now in the process of connecting a dedicated server, just for the Cafe, and will alert Patrick as soon as it is ready. He will then move the Cafe software and databases over to the new server.

This will require a shutdown of the Cafe for an hour or two, but it should be later tonight. We appreciate your patience during this time. As the Cafe membership has gone up, we have continued to upgrade the server platform. The server vendor now tells us that it looks like another user on the current system is causing the problem, so we are going to avoid that by getting a server that hosts only the Cafe. Hopefully this will hold us for a while.

Patrick or I will post more updates as things change.

Thanks,

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    thank You Frank and Patrick.

At first I thought it was on my end yesterday.

Thank You for your reply FLEWWWWWWWW :>))))

7. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Finally, it's back!!! Was afraid I wouldn't be able to get my fix before going to bed. :) 

Seems pretty darn snappy now but then again there are only 14 users online.

8. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Yes we are back. However due to a dns issue there was about an hours worth of data that is lost. If you posted within the last hour or so its gone. Sorry!!!!!

The reason for that was some DNS issues that have just been resolved.

This machine is faster and should be as we are the only users on it.

Thanks for everyone's patience.

9. Patrick, Frank, et al,

Thank you for a job well done. I have grown to depend on this site for a daily (okay nightly too) visit.

I was definitely going through withdrawal today. Home with a sick child and no Cafe! Count me in regarding donations. I can't believe how much I missed this site today! :shock: :lol:

10. Sorry to hear the problems the Nikon Cafe is having. I guess it's the growing pains. I enjoy the forum and hope all is soon resolved.
    Pete

11. Echoing everyone's sentiments and completely relating to CrystallP! My daughter was absolutely exhausted this afternoon after some long days and a gymnastics injury, and she napped for nearly 4!! hours. Bummed was I when I couldn't get in to peruse the cafe, LOL! I kept trying...and trying...and trying...and then took it as a sign that I should just do laundry and cook dinner instead....blah. I'll happily contribute some to this site...whenever you need it, just ask!

12. The Café is to good to be completely free :)  I will be glad to conribute if needed. I suggest you dont call it platinum status though but how about "Prime-club" status instead :) 

13. Congrats and thanks to all involved. The board is really responding quickly now. :D 

14. Thanks to all who got the cafe back on line.

It seems to be faster than ever.

15. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    We all need to thank Patrick. He did all the work, and dealt with all of the hassles with the host vendor. I'll start. :) 

Thanks Patrick!!

16. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

17. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks Patrick

18. Thanks Patrick!

You da man!! 8)

19. Thanks Patrick!

20. huskey8

huskey8

Feb 22, 2005
    Thanks Patrick :D 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.