Cafe Server Problems

It's getting slower by the hour this morning it was fine but now I can't even see posts page cannot be displayed is the message by every forum

It's 23.00 hour over here so by you it must be 6 to 8 hours earlier

I didn't know what to do with myself when I couldn't get through! I'd be happy to contribute to keep us going.

Reminds me of a song from way back "..you don't know what you got till it's gone."

Life rolls on...

I bought the 28mm f/2. I'm going to match it up with the 35mm f/1.4 and keep the one which best fills my needs.

By the way, the site is dog slow too.

Anyone else?

Rich

It's getting slower by the hour. This morning it was fine but now I can't even see posts "page cannot be displayed" is the message by every forum

It's 23.00 hour over here so by you it must be 6 to 8 hours earlier

Frank and Patrick thanks for all the hard work you do for the Cafe'. There was a moment last night that I had a brief panic attack, "what--no Cafe--Oh My God", then it just settled into withdrawal.

Oh, count me in if donations are needed to keep us up and running. I've found a home here and friends too, I don't want that to go away.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
All,

As everyone can see, we are still having server problems. Help is on the way however. Our server vendor is now in the process of connecting a dedicated server, just for the Cafe, and will alert Patrick as soon as it is ready. He will then move the Cafe software and databases over to the new server.

This will require a shutdown of the Cafe for an hour or two, but it should be later tonight. We appreciate your patience during this time. As the Cafe membership has gone up, we have continued to upgrade the server platform. The server vendor now tells us that it looks like another user on the current system is causing the problem, so we are going to avoid that by getting a server that hosts only the Cafe. Hopefully this will hold us for a while.

Patrick or I will post more updates as things change.

Thanks,

thank You Frank and Patrick.

At first I thought it was on my end yesterday.

Thank You for your reply FLEWWWWWWWW :>))))

Finally, it's back!!! Was afraid I wouldn't be able to get my fix before going to bed. :)

Seems pretty darn snappy now but then again there are only 14 users online.

PGB

Yes we are back. However due to a dns issue there was about an hours worth of data that is lost. If you posted within the last hour or so its gone. Sorry!!!!!

The reason for that was some DNS issues that have just been resolved.

This machine is faster and should be as we are the only users on it.

Thanks for everyone's patience.

Patrick, Frank, et al,

Thank you for a job well done. I have grown to depend on this site for a daily (okay nightly too) visit.

I was definitely going through withdrawal today. Home with a sick child and no Cafe! Count me in regarding donations. I can't believe how much I missed this site today! :shock: :lol:

Smack dab between the Wolverines and the Spartans
Echoing everyone's sentiments and completely relating to CrystallP! My daughter was absolutely exhausted this afternoon after some long days and a gymnastics injury, and she napped for nearly 4!! hours. Bummed was I when I couldn't get in to peruse the cafe, LOL! I kept trying...and trying...and trying...and then took it as a sign that I should just do laundry and cook dinner instead....blah. I'll happily contribute some to this site...whenever you need it, just ask!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
We all need to thank Patrick. He did all the work, and dealt with all of the hassles with the host vendor. I'll start. :)

Thanks Patrick!!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom