Caffeine & Cameras

Starbucks is a great place to get a caffeine fix or a munchie... but it's also my personal storefront. I posted a CraigsList ad for a G5 yesterday morning, had several interested parties by noon, and met Andy at a nearby Starbucks in the early afternoon. His reaction, captured with the ep3 + 20/1.7, made it clear we had a deal.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

After I had money in hand, we discussed the finer points of photography and lenses. I showed him virtues of the 45/1.8 for portraits...

and he let me try out his Sigma 30/2.8. I was impressed at how well this affordable lens does wide open.

The G5 is a terrific camera, and shooting with it was fun, but I missed Oly jpgs and ibis. The EP3 may be discontinued, but it's far from obsolete.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on the sale the Frank, that's interesting, I just received my Oly EP-3 about 30 min ago, just need to find a card and go try it out, better jpeg's huh??hmmmm:biggrin:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Congrats on the sale the Frank, that's interesting, I just received my Oly EP-3 about 30 min ago, just need to find a card and go try it out, better jpeg's huh??hmmmm:biggrin:
You'll be impressed with the ep3. Where did you get it?

Frank,
You're a wheelin' & dealin' machine! :smile:
I'm trying out for Jonathan's understudy.

This is making me miss M43. Maybe I'll pick up an E-PM1! :tongue:
Please do. It was more fun when you hung out here.

Great images and congrats on the sale
Happy seller and happy buyer = great deal
Definitely a win/win, Morten. Are you still in China?

Are you going to keep both, or trying to figure out which one to keep?
about ready to take a Hammer to this EP3, I want ISO control and haven't found the button yet, i should RTFB, but I hate reading, it's been taking pics at will:Curved:, just touch the back screen and poooof.:Angry:

I do all of my camera selling at Starbucks. Nice environment and works well for the person to take some images to see that the camera works.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom