Cal Ripken Baseball (Low Rookie-Division)

Well the first year of Little league is in the books (Our town doesn't have a tee-ball league). My son played well for his first year and we were very proud of his accomplishments.

All images shot with my D700 and the Nikon 70-200mm VRII lens with 1.4 TC

1.) Played Second Base for the majority of the games (recorded 5 outs during one game at that position).

8666816902_702a3463b2_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2.) When not playing Second Base he wanted to Catch. Obviously, I need to work on the catching concept with him. :smile:

8942433246_ebeaf0be76_b.jpg

3.) He did well with his hitting (coach pitch). At the end of the season he was so good, he could hit with his eyes closed :biggrin:

8941815261_407637c595_b.jpg

4.) Base running improved throughout the season and he did a good job of staying alert when the next batter was up at the plate.

8941805193_0fca0168b7_b.jpg

5.) Sliding (and I use that word graciously) into Home plate. We need to work on some sliding drills for next year.

8942434228_8ca45d2689_b.jpg

6.) Run scored at the plate. He has the celebration concept down (this actually transitioned into a brief gangnam style dance).

8941810301_5f2e8c19b3_b.jpg

7.) Into the sunset with the Spring baseball season. Can't wait for next year.
(Nikon 24-70mm Lens used for this portrait).

8709559931_6debf974a7_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very cool! Can definitely tell he loves the sport, which is important at that young of an age.

Excellent. I truly enjoyed the series. I feel the they do a great job at telling the story. Love how well exposed all the pictures were, including the ones at you Flicker page : )

Very cool! Can definitely tell he loves the sport, which is important at that young of an age.
Thank you very much Brian.

Excellent. I truly enjoyed the series. I feel the they do a great job at telling the story. Love how well exposed all the pictures were, including the ones at you Flicker page : )
Thanks for the comment and for also checking out my Flickr page.

Nice shots! He looks good at the plate--stays back very nicely! Thanks Glenn

Glenn

5 & 6 are really funny shots. Great set
Thanks. Image #5 still brings a chuckle. No play at the plate, but he slides in anyway. :smile:
Sweet shots.
Thank You

Awesome set!! He'll for sure appreciate looking at those when he's older.

Sure wish I had the gear we have now to shoot games when our boys (17, 15, & 12) were the age of your little guy. Some precious memories for sure.

The only criticism I have is for number 1 and number 2. In both cases, I would like to see more of his face and more specifically his eyes. Baseball hats and catcher's masks make it very difficult, but by staying as low as possible -- literally laying on the ground for this age sometimes, you will have more success.

Golden hour light makes these very nice, and the photos 3, 5, & 6 are in a class by themselves. Beautiful.

Wonderful pictures of a impressive player!

Klaus
Thank You Klaus

Awesome set!! He'll for sure appreciate looking at those when he's older.
Thank You

Sure wish I had the gear we have now to shoot games when our boys (17, 15, & 12) were the age of your little guy. Some precious memories for sure.

The only criticism I have is for number 1 and number 2. In both cases, I would like to see more of his face and more specifically his eyes. Baseball hats and catcher's masks make it very difficult, but by staying as low as possible -- literally laying on the ground for this age sometimes, you will have more success.

Golden hour light makes these very nice, and the photos 3, 5, & 6 are in a class by themselves. Beautiful.
Thank You very much for the tip and comment.

Latest threads

Top Bottom