1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Cali Summer

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by michaelbahu, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Here are some shots from Cali! Im here camping on the beach and visiting family.

Got my negatives scanned at a CVS in irvine but apparently he didnt know how to scan or something went wrong cause the ektar scans all have redish borders.

Assorted Cali summer shots( Color shots: Ektar 100 B&W: BW400CN ):

1. Footsteps in the sand

063_11.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Hello

070_4.jpg

3. Waited for the bird to enter the shot

038_35A.jpg

4. Enjoying the sun

001_24.jpg

5. Really like this one theres something about it turned out a lot better than I would have assumed I kind of just randomly took this one

042_20.jpg

053_9.jpg

029_33.jpg

8. Amazing Tree

036_26.jpg

9. No Cali trip would be complete without it. I'm still currently in Cali right now just up north now and I have about 4 more days before I head back to Colorado and I have eaten at In and Out 6 times in the 2 and half weeks I have been here. Dont know if thats a record or what the record is but thats definitely about 4 to 5 times more than normal for me hahah

003_34.jpg

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Michael, the pano format is very cool. Thanks - I needed a trip to CA!

3. That's California. You said Cali, which is a city in Colombia. Different places indeed!

Nice shots but I could do without the frame.

4. Hovmod

Hovmod

Aug 11, 2008
    Norway
    I like the wide ratio as well. The kid and burger shots don't quite measure up to the rest for me, but I guess they belong in a beach series... :) 

5. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Great set!

6. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    These look more like California than Columbia.

7. mhcfires

mhcfires

Aug 23, 2007
    El Cajon, CA
    I could eat at In 'N Out every day. :tongue:

good series

8. I initially thought Cali, Columbia until I viewed the post. Life is a beach.

9. Like all of these and the wide screen effect!

10. Gort

Gort

Mar 10, 2008
    Phoenix
    I like the wide screens as well. I'm sure you put the last shot in there just to tease everyone....

11. hehe In n Out is everyones Kryptonite!

12. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I don't really get the In 'n Out thing. Personally, I do not like their hamburgers. They taste steamed. And what's with that grease soaked paper they wrap around them. Give me a Quarter Pounder™ any time! If I want grease and salt, I'd like it to taste like grease and salt, not tomato juice and water!

13. Their animal fries are full of win :biggrin:

14. I've been to InO twice in the last month, last time waited in drive through line for 20 minutes at 9:30pm. Is it hot? yes. Is it fresh? yes. Does it have much taste? nope, sorry. Used to love the t-shirts, but now they've dropped the references to both Southern California and California proper...becoming just another chain.

#3, plain, Super Sized, Coke to drink is my MO.

My apologies to the OP...
    Great set that captures the spirit of beach summer life. I like the pano format and masking, I think it fits here. Red borders on color negatives generally indicates a light leak.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2009
  15. mhcfires

mhcfires

Aug 23, 2007
    El Cajon, CA
    :frown: I haven't been in a while, maybe I won't be happy with them when i do. I've been going to a local tavern in La Mesa called "Johnny B's Burgers and Beer" of late, theirs are really good. Best I've had in a while. Better than the fast food drive thru.

Michael, I like the series, but this is CallyFORNYa, not Cali. I have to agree with the others, when you said 'Cali' I thought Columbia. :smile:

16. Thanks! Light leak when they were being scanned? Or in the Camera? Cause that would be weird if it was from the camera since I have not had any issues at all.

17. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    California.

Totally.

18. Great series! Been a very long time since I used a 35mm camera with 'panorama' mode.

As for 'In-n-Out'... that is a new one for me. Must be an up-start or a West Coast 'thang'.

Like the footsteps... I am headed to the beach myself in a bit.

19. Thanks! I didnt even know my camera had it till I found it one day haha As soon as I saw it I knew I would be using it alot. Its like my signature now I use it a lot, it gives me a new way to compose my shots and I really like the results.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.