Cali Summer

Here are some shots from Cali! Im here camping on the beach and visiting family.

Got my negatives scanned at a CVS in irvine but apparently he didnt know how to scan or something went wrong cause the ektar scans all have redish borders.

Assorted Cali summer shots( Color shots: Ektar 100 B&W: BW400CN ):

1. Footsteps in the sand

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Hello

3. Waited for the bird to enter the shot

4. Enjoying the sun

5. Really like this one theres something about it turned out a lot better than I would have assumed I kind of just randomly took this one

8. Amazing Tree

9. No Cali trip would be complete without it. I'm still currently in Cali right now just up north now and I have about 4 more days before I head back to Colorado and I have eaten at In and Out 6 times in the 2 and half weeks I have been here. Dont know if thats a record or what the record is but thats definitely about 4 to 5 times more than normal for me hahah

I like the wide ratio as well. The kid and burger shots don't quite measure up to the rest for me, but I guess they belong in a beach series... :)

I like the wide screens as well. I'm sure you put the last shot in there just to tease everyone....

Real Name
Chris
I don't really get the In 'n Out thing. Personally, I do not like their hamburgers. They taste steamed. And what's with that grease soaked paper they wrap around them. Give me a Quarter Pounder™ any time! If I want grease and salt, I'd like it to taste like grease and salt, not tomato juice and water!

I don't really get the In 'n Out thing. Personally, I do not like their hamburgers. They taste steamed. And what's with that grease soaked paper they wrap around them. Give me a Quarter Pounder™ any time! If I want grease and salt, I'd like it to taste like grease and salt, not tomato juice and water!
I've been to InO twice in the last month, last time waited in drive through line for 20 minutes at 9:30pm. Is it hot? yes. Is it fresh? yes. Does it have much taste? nope, sorry. Used to love the t-shirts, but now they've dropped the references to both Southern California and California proper...becoming just another chain.

#3, plain, Super Sized, Coke to drink is my MO.

My apologies to the OP...
Great set that captures the spirit of beach summer life. I like the pano format and masking, I think it fits here. Red borders on color negatives generally indicates a light leak.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been to InO twice in the last month, last time waited in drive through line for 20 minutes at 9:30pm. Is it hot? yes. Is it fresh? yes. Does it have much taste? nope, sorry. Used to love the t-shirts, but now they've dropped the references to both Southern California and California proper...becoming just another chain.

Great set that captures the spirit of beach summer life. I like the pano format and masking, I think it fits here. Red borders on color negatives generally indicates a light leak.
:frown: I haven't been in a while, maybe I won't be happy with them when i do. I've been going to a local tavern in La Mesa called "Johnny B's Burgers and Beer" of late, theirs are really good. Best I've had in a while. Better than the fast food drive thru.

Michael, I like the series, but this is CallyFORNYa, not Cali. I have to agree with the others, when you said 'Cali' I thought Columbia. :smile:

Thanks! Light leak when they were being scanned? Or in the Camera? Cause that would be weird if it was from the camera since I have not had any issues at all.

Great series! Been a very long time since I used a 35mm camera with 'panorama' mode.

As for 'In-n-Out'... that is a new one for me. Must be an up-start or a West Coast 'thang'.

Like the footsteps... I am headed to the beach myself in a bit.

Great series! Been a very long time since I used a 35mm camera with 'panorama' mode.

As for 'In-n-Out'... that is a new one for me. Must be an up-start or a West Coast 'thang'.

Like the footsteps... I am headed to the beach myself in a bit.
Thanks! I didnt even know my camera had it till I found it one day haha As soon as I saw it I knew I would be using it alot. Its like my signature now I use it a lot, it gives me a new way to compose my shots and I really like the results.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom