California evening/lighthouses

While on a trip to the Long beach area I had the chance to get some evening pictures (and one day only, some afternoon shots). About 400 total pictures, around 10 keepers.

San Pedro, at Point Fermin looking towards Palos Verdes area.
i-DrQP2DC.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Point Fermin lighthouse
i-cM9Jnm2.jpg

Point Vicente lighthouse
i-w8hXxNS.jpg

Long Beach harbor/marina (from a second-floor balcony). This one has almost zero color/hue changes. It was this color for about 30 to 45 seconds when the sun was bouncing off the low clouds. I admit, the OTHERS had Topaz filters done to them, but not this one. I only halfway apologize for the logo/placement/size.

i-qXTR5Lg.jpg

Thanks, all. Rui: That lighthouse had a few 'issues' I had to deal with. Partly 17mm lens, partly perspective angle, partly land around the place. When I put the left side horizontal as I perceived it at the time, the house angled in a LOT to the left. When I rotated the house vertical, the land sloped a LOT to the right. So I split the difference (5 degrees) and did a perspective warp to get the house and light pole almost vertical.

The lawn does look like it slopes down to the house. Hmmmm... Maybe I should skew that side down a bit.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Nice images, Bill. Brings back many memories of living in So Cal for over 35 years!

If you have CS6, the Adaptive Wide Angle filter (AWA) allows you to draw several vertical and horizonal lines to square everything up. The AWA also corrects any curvature distortion from wide angle lenses. Very easy and quick.

Nice images, Bill. Brings back many memories of living in So Cal for over 35 years!

If you have CS6, the Adaptive Wide Angle filter (AWA) allows you to draw several vertical and horizonal lines to square everything up. The AWA also corrects any curvature distortion from wide angle lenses. Very easy and quick.

Glad you liked it. I've been thinking of upgrading to CS6, especially since it will be the last version.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom