California Northcoast HDR's C&C please...

Halftime in Central Florida, halftime RV'ing.
These are from 3 different shoots. Still trying to get comfortable with HDR. Those who have some familiarity with Photomatix, do you use Detail Enhancer mode, or Tone Compressor, and why?

I posted this one once before:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Appreciate any thoughts on improving these. I understand that HDR isn't everyones cup of tea, but I'm enjoying playing with it.
Thanks for looking.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like them. I like #1 the best...very nice and captures the mood.

Very nicely done Jack! #3 is my favorite, but perhaps a just bit too vivid unless you were going for a somewhat surreal effect. Composition appeals to me FWIW. I don't use Photomatrix, but use PTGuiPro so can't help you on the question.

Halftime in Central Florida, halftime RV'ing.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Very nicely done Jack! #3 is my favorite, but perhaps a just bit too vivid unless you were going for a somewhat surreal effect. Composition appeals to me FWIW. I don't use Photomatrix, but use PTGuiPro so can't help you on the question.
Thank you Barry. I'll look at it again, maybe back off on the contrast a bit. It's hard for me to remain objective sometimes, after spending time working with an image. More practice needed, to really know when to hold back or pour it on. That's the value of a forum like this; to get more eyes looking. Thanks.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom