1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

California Northcoast HDR's C&C please...

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by olddogg, Jul 2, 2008.

1. These are from 3 different shoots. Still trying to get comfortable with HDR. Those who have some familiarity with Photomatix, do you use Detail Enhancer mode, or Tone Compressor, and why?

I posted this one once before:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Appreciate any thoughts on improving these. I understand that HDR isn't everyones cup of tea, but I'm enjoying playing with it.
    Thanks for looking.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2008
  2. Some lookers, no comments. Anybody?

3. NJDJ

NJDJ

Apr 15, 2006
    I like them. I like #1 the best...very nice and captures the mood.

4. RWC32

RWC32

Nov 23, 2007
    Chicagoland Area
    They look very pleasing to me. No Fantasy elements to them. I like the last one the best

5. Very nicely done Jack! #3 is my favorite, but perhaps a just bit too vivid unless you were going for a somewhat surreal effect. Composition appeals to me FWIW. I don't use Photomatrix, but use PTGuiPro so can't help you on the question.

6. Thanks. It was a moody morning.

7. I'm trying to get to more real look than fantasy. It's easy, I think, tp "overcook" HDR images. Thanks for your comment

8. Thank you Barry. I'll look at it again, maybe back off on the contrast a bit. It's hard for me to remain objective sometimes, after spending time working with an image. More practice needed, to really know when to hold back or pour it on. That's the value of a forum like this; to get more eyes looking. Thanks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.