California Quail, Black Necked Stilt & Pelicans

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Louis Champan, Jul 26, 2008.

1. rcooper

rcooper

Jan 12, 2008
    elba,al
    Ralph
    All are good,but the quail shots are top notch.

2. Hi Louis,

These are absolutely great....but I can't imagine what it looked like with someone hanging out the window of a moving car with a 500mm lens.

GenoP

3. wonderful work Louie!

4. That quail is tops. Well done.

5. Nice shots Louie. Hoping to get out to California in the next year or so, would love to see one of those.

6. Great shots Louie, love the quail. Including the one making a hasty retreat.

7. Cool shots all of them the flying quail is great. Sounds like a great idea, Bill driving - you shooting, I would lik to try that :biggrin:

8. Very nice shots. I love No. 1.

9. Thanks for commenting.

Thanks Geno. Well, it probably looked pretty odd, I think we did get a few odd looks from a few farmers. We were on the back roads driving very slowly looking for birds and when we'd spot one then it was inch by inch until we got within shooting distance. I had the 500 mounted on my D300 laying on a bean bag ready for the action.

Thanks Dave.

HI Alex, thanks.

10. Louie looks like you used your down time to good use. Very nice shots. I will be on a mission next month to get some California Quail for Janice. The one flying away is great. Even looks like a short eared owl flying at me if I don't look to close.

11. Louis,
    Exquisite series, that first one and the take off are awesome!
    Kevin P.

12. Hi Thomas, it's been a while and thanks for taking a peek at this.

Hi Ron, thanks for commenting. Where have you been lately?

Thanks Andreas, great idea to have Bill drive while you shoot.

Thanks for your comments.

Thanks Jim. You know how it is on a raining/cloudy day around here, you begin to look back on what you've done.

Hi Kevin and thanks for your comments.

13. TimK

TimK

Apr 17, 2006
    Hong Kong, China
    Great shots, Louis! I also found shooting inside a car is the easiest way to approach birds. I guess birds do not relate a huge square to a predator!

14. Been shooting cars a bit. And trying to lure birds into my back yard. Have not been up to Juanita all summer (such as summer is around here).

15. Thanks Tim. The only tuff thing about shooting out of a car is finding a driver.

Hi Ron and thanks. I've not been to Juanita all year, summer....what summer.

16. Just what I expected another Superb Presentation Louie

17. first class, awesome photos

18. Hokum

Hokum

Jun 20, 2006
    Pennines UK
    Very nice Louis, I like the quail shots, they remind me of 1950's rockers. Good diffused background too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.