California quail

Last Friday my 4-day fly fishing trip turned into a one-day fly-fishing trip and 3-day wildlife photography outing. Eastern Washington is a high desert area with lots of different wildlife. There are lots of seep lakes surrounded by sagebrush and just vast areas of nothing much at all.

I found Black Necked Stilts, Meadow Larks, ducks, Quail, songbirds, Harrier Hawks, and I couldn’t believe it when a Black Crowned Night Heron flew over me. Well, that did it for the fishing the rest of the trip; I was off to the ponds every morning and evening.

This series is of the California quail that seemed to be just about in every sagebrush bush. Most all of these were shot out the window of my truck on a beanbag.

original.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 95949

View attachment 95950

View attachment 95951

View attachment 95952

View attachment 95953

View attachment 95954

Louie

Last edited by a moderator:
Louis these are spectacular especially #s 1 and 2 the first being very clean and the second with him in mid call well done. I have tried often but nothing as nice as these:Wink:

G

GastheerG

great. I myself had skipt #4 because there is so much better. Good job!

Louis these are spectacular especially #s 1 and 2 the first being very clean and the second with him in mid call well done. I have tried often but nothing as nice as these:Wink:

Thanks for commenting Troy. It seemed like in every bush there was a quail on the days I was in the area. They are pretty flighty birds can't get to close to them, so I shot all of these shots from within my truck using a beanbag out the window.

Louie

Louie, these are fantastic shots. You know this is Janice's favorite bird. We are headed to Carmel and she has read about the Quails at the place we are staying. She has told me I must get lots of Quail pictures. If I don't, I will have to find out from you where you got these. Great shots, each and every one.

Latest threads

Top Bottom