Callaway FT-i Driver

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by F15Todd, Sep 14, 2008.

1. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    After three rounds with my new Callaway FT-i driver I can say for the first time every I have a driver in my bag that I love.

The repeatable consistency for this driver far out way the loss of being able to work the ball off the tee.

I never thought the day would come where I would love me driver and putter at the same time.

2. I was playing with the hyper X a few weeks back, and that was fun! Tough to leave that in the store, but there are other places for my $$ right now. I did not try the FT-i, what was it about it that made you go this way?

3. It's a beautiful thing when that happens:smile:.
    Tim

4. Good on you Todd, enjoy the feeling while it lasts :smile:
    Seriously, I have a similar feeling these days after getting a Taylor Made Burner - first big head driver that I can actually feel during the swing (others I tried are just too darn light, including Taylor Made's own R7 460).

Looking at your sig line I can't believe how time flies and that your SK tour is already almost over...

5. latazyo

latazyo

Apr 23, 2008
    STL
    I used to rock a Callaway and loved it

I have since switched to Taylor Made and love it too

6. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    After todays round the love affair with the driver continues, however the putter has developed a serious attitude. So just like any loving parent of a child would do, I grounded the putter to the closet and told it it will not be seeing the sun anytime soon.

Not much in golf get under my skin, but hitting Greens In Reg and walking up with birdie putts only to walk way after three putting with damn bogeys gets to me. It happened a lot today. So out comes the White Hot putter and in to the bag goes the old Zebra that's been in and out of play with me since 1994.

Maybe I'll just putt with the driver next weekend.

7. latazyo

latazyo

Apr 23, 2008
    STL
    exact same sentiments

happens to me everytime I hit a GIR (not that often)

however, I can't share the "not much in golf get under my skin"....Im constantly swearing on the course, haha