1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Calling all Toronto Members

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Candidcameraman, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Just moved back to Toronto and would like to see if there is any interest in a bi monthly GTG, I have the room and the idea would be to share best practices, tips and tricks.

The place would be downtown, in a rather large party room in a condo building where food would be provided and I would organize Photoshop as well as Nikon Capture tutorials and see what else could be organized, i.e. getting camera shop to come and show their fares as well as photo courses (God knows I could use some...)

Bring your own drinks kinda event - a four hour deal - just checking if there is any interest before I go on booking everything - as well as what would be better - a week day evening or weekend?

I am open to ideas and suggestions - this would be both a private affair located in a private venue.

2. Dude,

that seems like a pretty interesting offer and I would love to attend but since I live outside of town, I might not be able to make it on time :biggrin:

I hope Cafe members in GTA respond well to your offer as they'll get to meet a super gentleman who knows his stuff !

Good luck Dude !

3. I'm there frequently. I'm in if I happen to be in the GTA.

4. Super,

I'll work out the details and keep you posted.

J.P.

Not sure how much I know since the "higher ISO = better bokeh" incident... It would definitively be interesting to share best practices in all area of photography and even having models at one point to have a light and strobe tutorial. Who know ... I might organize one in Montreal :smile:

5. I live just north of the city, but would definitely be interested.

AM

6. I'm out in Ajax so downtown is a long way away. However, the idea is great. You might want to get together with the Ontario Photographic Collective. We're sort of a spin off from the Nikonians web site. The website is:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/ontariophotocollective/

You should be able to get all the information and contacts there.

Bruce

7. I am just south of you in Hamilton, but if I get enough of a heads up I could make it...work schedules are a pain and I have to give 3 weeks lead time for time off.

8. I'll give everyone at least 3 weeks heads up - this way it gives me plenty of room to reserve the location where it will be held at.

Thanks Bruce, my guess is that the first one will be in late October, I will definitively look up the Ontario Photographic Collective.

Super, let me start working on a theme for the first one and get more people to come. We are a go, takes two to tango :wink::smile::biggrin:

9. I am up in waterdown, we could carpool! :biggrin:

10. bigwilly

bigwilly

Oct 19, 2007
    Toronto
    In Scarborough here, and work permitting I would be down for this and maybe drag my brother along with me.

11. I would like to be on your list and if time permits, I would attend.

12. Add me as well. I'm in London but in Toronto from time to time.

13. Yep....count me in.....

Out in Brooklin, but work close to T.O. :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.