Cambria, CA trip this weekend!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by helmet155, Aug 24, 2005.

1. The hottie and I are heading up to Cambria this weekend just to get away from the rat race that has become Southern California...When I was there last I got some shots of the Otters in the Sea Otter refuge that were terrible due to the conditions so I'm hoping to improve this time. I could probably spend all day with the otters I think they are the coolest!

Any spots that I should definitely hit for birding and other wildlife? I am going to rent a 300 f2.8 from Pro Photo for the weekend hoping to get some nature and wildlife shots...

I'll have two days of shooting and spending time with my favorite person in the world, I'm looking forward to it :cool: :cool: :cool:

Thanks,

Brett

2. I hope you have a good time. The 300mm 2.8 is a fine lens, I think you will like it.

3. patrickh

patrickh

May 4, 2005
    Thousand Oaks
    Cambria is the center of a lot of interesting things - especially the vineyards back in the hills towards Paso Robles. There is a lot of wildlife in there and it seems to be always on the move, just right for that piece of glass. You have coast line to die for from Hearst Castle down to Pismo, all readily accessible. Check if the elephant seals are home. Have a great time and enjoy the company.