1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

camcorders

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gmaker1, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Hey gang:

I would like some info on camcorders. I have a gift certificate from best buy for $350.00. Can't get anything photo wise, so I was thinking about a camcorder. I do not know anything about them. Any advice for purchasing one at this aomnt or of a wee bit more? Though it might be fun to learn how to do movies on my imac.
    Thanks,
    Gil

2. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    I have an older Sony mini-DV, and for what it is, I like it. It's not a 3 chip camera, but I like the format. I'm not a fan of Best Buy (had trouble with them last year) so whatever you get, consider the purchase final.

3. I too have been thinking about a camcorder but I know more about the dark side of the moon than I do of them. Is there an educational type website that explains what the different formats are?
    Jarrell

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.