Camden River Sharks.............

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by DAVE VAN, Aug 11, 2005.

1. DAVE VAN

DAVE VAN

Feb 22, 2005
    New Jersey
    Last Sunday I had the opportunity to accompany my son and his Cub Scout Troop to beautiful Campbell's Field in Camden NJ. The field is located next door to the newly renovated (and doubled in size) New Jersey State Aquarium. It was an extremely hot overcast day with an occasional rain shower to cool us all off :D The Scouts all had a great time and they all got a great commemorative patch for their uniforms :D
    Unfortunately the Sharks couldn't pull it together this day and lost by three runs.

The Camden waterfront has really been improved and the view from the stadium of the Philadelphia skyline and the Ben Franklin bridge is great. (and you can't beat the $6.00 ticket prices either)

Here are a few sample shots from the day.

"Finly" the River Sharks Mascot
    original.

"Home Run"
    original.

"The Wind-up"
    original.

"Major Discussion"
    original.

"Will he hit it?"
    original.

"Stalling"
    original.

2. Great shots, Dave! Some really good action shots, too.

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Great images, Dave, and tack sharp as can be. Which lens were you shooting with? You obviously had good seats and your images look really good. Great shooting.

4. DAVE VAN

DAVE VAN

Feb 22, 2005
    New Jersey
    Thanks Kevin. We had a great time. :D

5. DAVE VAN

DAVE VAN

Feb 22, 2005
    New Jersey
    Thanks Frank. This really was my first outing with my D50. I sold some old lenses on ebay and bought a D50 to use when I didn't feel like lugging around my D2h. I have to tone down the in camera sharpening after looking at these images. I usually shoot jpeg's as I really don't have the time for the PP. I embarrased to say the lens was a Tamron 28-300 XR which with the D50, makes a pretty compact carry-around combo.

6. Nice clear shots and vibrant colors too!! :D :D :D