1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

camera bags...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nephets0, Aug 11, 2009.

1. nephets0

nephets0

Jul 29, 2009
    Tulsa Oklahoma
    anyone know of any good 'incognito' bags? i just need something i can use as an everyday bag and a camera bag... i' just don't like advertising "HEY LOOK I HAVE A 500$ Camera in my bag!" so i'd like something thats extremely low key... any suggestions would be appreciated!

2. What type of bag are you looking for? Backpack? Shoulder bag? I have mostly Crumpler bags. They definately fit the incognito camera bag mold.

3. danameless

danameless

May 9, 2009
    NYC
    I have the crumpler messenger too and love it. The fact that it doesn't look like a camera bag was one of the selling points. However, I need to find a new backpack that fits the same criteria though since I don't really like the crumpler backpacks.

4. nephets0

nephets0

Jul 29, 2009
    Tulsa Oklahoma
    would really prefer messenger style...

5. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    I wouldn't say Crumplers are incognito, they're quite flashy and do attract attention a lot because of their design.

6. While they do have their crazier designs, I own the 6 million dollar home, at that line is great and subtle (as long as its in black).

how big of a bag are you looking for? crumpler also sells "buckets", which are like camera bage interiors/padding for use in other types/brands of bags.

check out cambags.com. its the best online site for bags and how to pack them.

7. I love my Crumplers, saving up for a Brazillion Dollar Home. I also like my Tamrac Pro5

8. pirahnah3

pirahnah3

Feb 22, 2008
    wuss-tah
    If i need to go out and not direct attention towards myself and dont need to cary much, actually what i use....no laughing now....Is a case for a dell lcd projector. They had ordered a bunchof them for work and they were going to toss the cases so i snagged a couple there small so its kinda hard to pack alot of stuff but when im just heading out with a lens or two and nothing else realyl then it works great, and its small enough to not get noticed as anything really.

9. wgilles

wgilles

Apr 25, 2008
    NJ
    I have a Kata DR-467 that I take to school with me. Everyone thinks it's just a regular backpack. It holds a lot of camera gear and also some text books!

10. davidC

davidC

Mar 10, 2009
    MD
    i just bought a domke f-4af
    should be arriving today.

11. Thanks for posting. My wife always gives me grief for carrying my D3 around in touristy areas. The Crumpler ($5 million home) bag looks like a messenger bag and should be able to hold the D3 and a lens.

12. Have you looked at the Domke range.

I bought an F6 a few months ago....it works really well for me. and looks more like a tree huggers lunch bag than a camera bag :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

13. It's kinda hard to go incognito as a male with a bag. Too bad, cause they make killer cute camera bags for girls! I can't wait to get my Jill Bag

14. nephets0

nephets0

Jul 29, 2009
    Tulsa Oklahoma
    haha... i'm oft seen carrying a messenger type bag or a back pack... so its kinda normal for me...

15. stephen99

stephen99

Nov 22, 2006
    Holland, Ohio
    Take a look at Think Tank Urban Disguise series. Extremely well made.

16. nephets0

nephets0

Jul 29, 2009
    Tulsa Oklahoma
    k... anyone have any suggestions that are ohh less than almost 100$ usd? i'm kinda poor at the moment (taking care of jobless gf and her three kids on my measly salary:eek:  ) i like alot of these, but unfortunately most are outta my league price wise.

17. can't remeber where I read it... but I read an article about DIY photo messenger bags. One of the bags used was a Dakine Medic Bag. It has a frame which make sit a bit more rigid. Then you put in the Domke inserts that you need for your set up.

Bag is around $40 - for example

18. Something else that I have started doing is taking my Tamrac Pro 5 and going stealth by putting it in this

588285833_ddJie-L.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Fits nicely and gives me some extra room for other stuff like 5in1 reflector disc, snoot, gorillapod, etc. It's a backpack that also has a shoulder strap.

19. northrop

northrop

Apr 20, 2008
    Chicago
    go with Think Tank

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.