camera bags...

anyone know of any good 'incognito' bags? i just need something i can use as an everyday bag and a camera bag... i' just don't like advertising "HEY LOOK I HAVE A 500$ Camera in my bag!" so i'd like something thats extremely low key... any suggestions would be appreciated!

What type of bag are you looking for? Backpack? Shoulder bag? I have mostly Crumpler bags. They definately fit the incognito camera bag mold.

I have the crumpler messenger too and love it. The fact that it doesn't look like a camera bag was one of the selling points. However, I need to find a new backpack that fits the same criteria though since I don't really like the crumpler backpacks.

I wouldn't say Crumplers are incognito, they're quite flashy and do attract attention a lot because of their design.

I wouldn't say Crumplers are incognito, they're quite flashy and do attract attention a lot because of their design.

While they do have their crazier designs, I own the 6 million dollar home, at that line is great and subtle (as long as its in black).

how big of a bag are you looking for? crumpler also sells "buckets", which are like camera bage interiors/padding for use in other types/brands of bags.

check out cambags.com. its the best online site for bags and how to pack them.

If i need to go out and not direct attention towards myself and dont need to cary much, actually what i use....no laughing now....Is a case for a dell lcd projector. They had ordered a bunchof them for work and they were going to toss the cases so i snagged a couple there small so its kinda hard to pack alot of stuff but when im just heading out with a lens or two and nothing else realyl then it works great, and its small enough to not get noticed as anything really.

I have a Kata DR-467 that I take to school with me. Everyone thinks it's just a regular backpack. It holds a lot of camera gear and also some text books!

Thanks for posting. My wife always gives me grief for carrying my D3 around in touristy areas. The Crumpler ($5 million home) bag looks like a messenger bag and should be able to hold the D3 and a lens.

Have you looked at the Domke range.

I bought an F6 a few months ago....it works really well for me. and looks more like a tree huggers lunch bag than a camera bag :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

k... anyone have any suggestions that are ohh less than almost 100$ usd? i'm kinda poor at the moment (taking care of jobless gf and her three kids on my measly salary:eek: ) i like alot of these, but unfortunately most are outta my league price wise.

can't remeber where I read it... but I read an article about DIY photo messenger bags. One of the bags used was a Dakine Medic Bag. It has a frame which make sit a bit more rigid. Then you put in the Domke inserts that you need for your set up.

Bag is around $40 - for example

Something else that I have started doing is taking my Tamrac Pro 5 and going stealth by putting it in this

588285833_ddJie-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Fits nicely and gives me some extra room for other stuff like 5in1 reflector disc, snoot, gorillapod, etc. It's a backpack that also has a shoulder strap.

Latest threads

Top Bottom