Camera comparison. DPR style.

20D
737555.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

D70
DSC_9613.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I wish you had made us guess; it would have been more fun. I like the 2nd image better. I'm not so sure it has much to do with the 20D but the first one is a bit too green for me. I think the blotches on the female dancer's arm is probably from synthetic tanning coating.

Nevertheless, very high energy. Obviously it's a ballroom dancing competition. Were they doing a latin number, do you recall? The body language and facial expressions suggest a tango.

Rich

Russian dance competition. You are correct re tan creme; and the green light was actually because there was a green-coloured jel on one of floodlights.

I like the first image much better. Of course, not because of the camera or lens (Sigma 70-200 vs. Nikkor 80-200), but because of composition (while I admit that it is not perfect, and certainly I would touch out the green). Dancers loved the second. as they prefer to see their legs and feet and the whole environment "uncensored".

Real Name
Chris
I like the first one more as well. The subjects are better isolated from the scene, the comedy of where the man is looking, and the elaborate costume the woan is wearing - they just add up to a better photograph. None of which have anything to do with the brand of camera used.

But on the second photo, the man's clothing look more gray than black.

Iliah said:
Chris,
Second photo used flash, while first one was using available light only.

Iliah I like the two pictures but I'm not sure why you compared the two images when they were shot with entirely different lighting. Also, the second one is not focused as crisply.

I'm not sure why you compared the two images when they were shot with entirely different lighting

Sorry, it was "DPR style" in title line :)

I'm not comparing cameras, or lenses here - just two shots from the same location, and of the same subject. I think I'm comparing shooting styles here. "Viewfinder is not a gadget, it's a calling" (c)

Iliah said:
I'm not sure why you compared the two images when they were shot with entirely different lighting

Sorry, it was "DPR style" in title line :)

I'm not comparing cameras, or lenses here - just two shots from the same location, and of the same subject. I think I'm comparing shooting styles here. "Viewfinder is not a gadget, it's a calling" (c)

I saw that in the title line but didn't (and still don't) know what it meant.

Latest threads

Top Bottom