camera control pro / USB cable

so i recently got camera control pro, and im trying to get ahold of a longer usb cable for the d70/d70s. i cant seem to find anything longer then 6 feet. does anyone know of a place that sells them longer?

thanks in advance.

J

jaymc

I'm curious as to the length of USB cable that can be used with CCP. I wrote the El Segundo techs in Nikons online KB and received this reply - "CCP will work with the supplied USB cable and we won't speculate on other cables."
If you or anyone else get a longer USB cable to work, I'd like to know.

- Jay

From the USB.org site
2. I want to build a cable longer than 5 meters, why won't this work?

A: Even if you violated the spec, it literally wouldn't get you very far. Assuming worst-case delay times, a full speed device at the bottom of 5 hubs and cables has a timeout margin of 280ps. Reducing this margin to 0ps would only give you an extra 5cm, which is hardly worth the trouble.

There are other solutions if you absolutely require it, sing a bridge or two pc's with usb/ethernet adapters-but this is more complicated than most want.
I used 10' extn with std 6'cable and NC4 with no issues.

W

William

I use a 15 ft USB extension cable from Fry's Electronics with excellent results.

I'm curious as to the length of USB cable that can be used with CCP. I wrote the El Segundo techs in Nikons online KB and received this reply - "CCP will work with the supplied USB cable and we won't speculate on other cables."
If you or anyone else get a longer USB cable to work, I'd like to know.

- Jay
CCP doesnt come with a cable. so youd use the 6 footer that came with the camera.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom