Camera for a toddler

Ever since the comfort zone CS when I let my son use my camera, he keeps wanting to use it more. Anyone have a cheap recommendation for a 2.5 year old emerging shutterbug? Something very durable as it will be thrown...

Thanks!

Just go to Amazon and search for "cameras for kids" or some such and you'll find some that are "kid tough." But let me assure you, your kid will still want to use your D7000. :wink:

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
How about a disposable? He can throw it to his hearts content...

I bought inexpensive digital point and shoot cameras for our 2 three-year-old grand-daughters.
Nikon.
Lots of icons on the screen so very simple to use.
Waterproof to ten feet and shockproof if dropped from about less than a meter.
About 10 mega-pixels and cost about $70.00 each.
If this sounds like something you are interested in, email me and I'll contact our kids and get the model number for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
We bought such a camera for our son when he turned 2. It's a VTech, but I don't know if the company is called that in the States.

It is sturdy, with a lot of rubber, simple, has effects and a games/music player too. The only downside is that you need to unscrew the bottom to put in the batteries.

VTech is here too, my niece has a VTech digital camera. Other than that I don't know anything about it.

I had an older fuji point and shoot laying around from probably 8 years ago or so, just gave that to my daughter. She has a blast with it. Its taken a few falls, is somewhat deformed but keeps on kicking. Once it bites the dust, and she learns to handle them a little more carefully, i'll probably buy another < $ 100 P&S.

Small price to pay to see the pictures from a children's perspective!

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom