Camera in car? Sometimes pays off

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by PeterRH, Nov 2, 2005.

1. PeterRH

PeterRH Guest

I often have the camera gear tucked away in the car but rarely get a chance to use it, sometimes wonder why I keep doing it when all I am doing is going straight to a client and then back again.

But then the occasional pic presents itself - as yesterday with a nice sunny day and a chocolate box-type shot appears out of nowhere.

D2x, 18-70 Nikkor @ f/11:

[​IMG]

2. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Excellent,
    Tack sharp and spot on. Looks perfect to me.

Really delightfull image in every way.

4. PeterRH

PeterRH Guest

Thanks Gale....the 18-70 continues to surprise me. I've been finding myself needing the 20-50 focal range more and more, and without the 17-55 (had really bad luck with two samples being soft so gave up) the D70 'kitlens' has been pressed into service quite often.

At f/8 - f/11 it does really well even on the 'unforgiving' D2x.

Cheers,
    Peter

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I am truly in awe with the images that our overseas members post on these forums. The history that is teeming throughout Europe and Asia is quite striking. As I view many of these images, I can only sit and wonder what prominent person from the past was at each of these locations and what they did that may have impacted the world that we live in today. Please keep these wonderful images coming for all of us to appreciate.

6. JayR

JayR

Jul 6, 2005
    Redmond, WA.
    Wow. Nice job. Looks 3D to me.

7. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    I am going to mimic JayR and say again Wow!! :eek: Great capture and good eye.

8. Nice Picture Peter. Very nice composition.

I need to do what many others do and that is keep my camera in my car so that if I see something worthwhile I can shoot it. I am always seeing something nice to shoot but don't have the camera with me. I will learn someday.