camera lens for my Lebensabschnittsuebergangsgefaehrtin (my better half)

My better half goes on holiday and in an act of female genius misplaced the charger of her Canon Ixus.

I prepared a D300 with 18-200 and the easiest settings for her (including charger - please don't misplace it in the hotel, darling).

Guess what - she doesn't like it! Too heavy, too complicated :confused: .

I have a close eye on the new D3000 vs D40 + 35 1.8 DX in a nice package for her arrival back home, as she expressed strong interest in the whole SLR photography thing.

How do the D3000 and D40 compare?

The D3000 is priced as the D40, just without getting the kit lens with it.
As the 35 1.8 goes for really cheap here in Shanghai and I would advice her, to start with this great lens, the glass is fixed.

Btw - the look for the "mother camera" turned out well - my mother is now a happy Canon 780IS user - a great little camera for a bargain! My brother has one too now, as I snapped two for 200 EUR each :biggrin:
I wish, Nikon would built such good PS cameras!

My better half goes on holiday and in an act of female genius misplaced the charger of her Canon Ixus.

I prepared a D300 with 18-200 and the easiest settings for her (including charger - please don't misplace it in the hotel, darling).

Guess what - she doesn't like it! Too heavy, too complicated :confused: .

I have a close eye on the new D3000 vs D40 + 35 1.8 DX in a nice package for her arrival back home, as she expressed strong interest in the whole SLR photography thing.

How do the D3000 and D40 compare?

The D3000 is priced as the D40, just without getting the kit lens with it.
As the 35 1.8 goes for really cheap here in Shanghai and I would advice her, to start with this great lens, the glass is fixed.

Btw - the look for the "mother camera" turned out well - my mother is now a happy Canon 780IS user - a great little camera for a bargain! My brother has one too now, as I snapped two for 200 EUR each :biggrin:
I wish, Nikon would built such good PS cameras!
I have used neither but obviously the D3000 is newer and should have improved features and hopefully better image quality, although that isn't always the case (EOS 50D vs 40D). Also, would she want video? You may want to consider the D5000 if she is at all interested in video.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom