Camera/long lens mounting problem...suggestions, please!

Real Name
Carl
I am looking for some sort of support for my AF P 70-300 4.5-5.6 3E ED for when it is mounted with the camera on my tripod. Unlike the famous 70-200 F/4, my lens has It has no tripod foot. I am concerned about overstressing the tripod mounting socket. I see one item on eBay that fastens to the camera body, and has a little two wheelie support for the front of the lens that allows zooming. It has a mounting plate that should help balance the camera and lens. Sorry, I can't post a link.

In my communication with the seller, I got the old "read the description" kiss off. Description is not helpful! The photos look like a camera without the additional height of a battery pack would not fit, even with the adjustable front support as low as it will go, but again, no usable information from the seller. It's a ChiCom invention, so order and return would be more hassle than it would be worth, and the company will likely be gone next week.
Without going into Kirk or RRS equipment, does anyone know of a solution to balancing the long lens and camera combination, supporting both , while at the same time preserving the zoom function?
Thanx

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom