Camera Question

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by gbenic, Jul 4, 2007.

1. I don't know if I am ready yet, but the N75 in the For Sale section got me going. I think I would like to buy another film camera. I know I have asked this before, but which used one should I get? I currently own an N6006 and a D70. I don't need a pro body and would like some of the same features as my D70. I like the ability to change focus points, the focus beep is nice, and AF as good or better than the D70 would be nice. Most of my shots are indoors of people. I don't like flash, so if one works better in low light, please mention it. I kinda got spoiled by the manual ISO override on the N6006. I would love to be able to shoot double exposures. I don't want the time/date stamped on my photo. I don't know if that's what the QDs do or not or even if it can be disabled. I shoot primarily A or S mode with M on occasion, so presets are not important. I want to keep it Nikon. I read the review of the N75 and it seems to do most of what I want. I am just a bit confused though and would like some opinions. Again. Thanks.

And I am on a budget. A tight one. I have some stuff to sell to help finance the purchase, but not much.

2. Greg, before digital I had an F80 (besides my all-time love: the F4s).
    You should take to the F80 like a fish to water if you like the D70 - very much the same body. They can be had real cheap these days too.
    Happy hunting!

3. I always believed, and still do, that the N75 is a great camera. It's the very latest Nikon film camera (except the F6). This means it has the latest technology, best compatibility with all the older flashes, it's tiny and it has the focus pad at the back and a AE/L and AF/L button.

I really think the N75 is the best Bargain out there. The N75 has it all, really!

From what you are saying, Greg, the n75 is right for you.

4. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I see you sent a PM on it, so congrats I hope. The '75 was on my 2 camera short list when I was looking for my first Nikon film camera, as it did everything I needed. I ended up getting the '80 because my camera shop had one, and the price was right. And Hogan and Rockwell both agree with me - the N75 is a good camera.

ps, Thom and Ken, not Colonel and Norman.

5. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    And ....

6. Yeah, I will send his money when I get home and I will be the proud new owner. I will grow into the F6 or similar yet! I am taking baby steps!

7. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    It seems to be a great camera for all kinds of creative film stuff.