Camera shops in/around Oceanside, CA?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bfullmer, Jul 8, 2007.

1. My family and I will be in Oceanside, CA this week and I'm always interested in visiting camera shops in the areas I visit.

Any particularly good shops in the area? I'm always looking for used gear, so if there are dealers who have a good inventory that would be even better.

Thanks,

2. nancyr

nancyr

Feb 14, 2006
    La Jolla, CA
    Oceanside Photo & Telescope would be it. 918 Mission Avenue.
    http://www.optcorp.com

Haven't been there in years, but I hear you can still find photo gear among the 'scopes.

Nice uncrowded beach there too.

3. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I go to OPT all the time Brian. It's a cool store, although their in stock selection is limited. Last time I was there they had a couple dozen lenses and a handfull of bodies. They didn't have the filter I was looking for, and only 4 rolls of delta 3200 (film.) I did not see much used stuff. If you are willing to drive to SD there's Calumet and in Irvine, there's Samy's. In Carlsbad, on Jefferson, and um ... Oak Pine (I had to use Google maps) there is a little photo store that I don't know the name of. It's some guy's name. I haven't gone there for a couple of years now, but they had a BUNCH of used camera stuff. Most of it old, but I mean a lot of it! Maybe you might find a treasure there.

Oh yeah, if you go one block north of opt to Pierview, there is a great photo waiting to be taken, it's a street that slopes down to the ocean, then out onto the pier, in a straight line. The light has to be just right.

I love O'side, it's my home away from home, and I hope to be there in a couple weeks, as soon as summer school is done! Like Nancy said, they have nice uncrowded beaches there :Crunk:
    [​IMG]

4. nancyr

nancyr

Feb 14, 2006
    La Jolla, CA
    :biggrin: Who in his/her right mind goes to the beach on a holiday? (I'm guessing Labor Day in a Santa Ana, as you can see all the way to the sewage treatment plant in Carlsbad.)

5. Thanks Nancy and Chris. I'll have to look them up. I guess I better stake out my spot on the beach about 3:00 am! :eek:

6. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    :BigGrin: !!!

This was taken from the Oceanside pier on Forth of July, two years ago. (That's a electric generating plant by the way - the warmed seawater, by the way is used to heat a shrimp farm in an artificial estuary.)

7. Love that beach shot. I wonder how many people are depicted?