Camera Show?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gbenic, Jul 6, 2005.

1. I have been to many computer shows, gun shows, Jeep shows, and reptile shows. I have never been to a camera show. Does such a thing exist? What is the proper name so that I can do a search for one in my area (eastern PA.)? Are they worthwhile?

Thanks.

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Greg,

Yes, there are several including PMA (in Miami this year I think). DPR usually covers these events in some detail.

3. There is a really good one in NYC in October, PhotoPlus Expo. Been there a few times myself and always a nice day!

Here is a link to the website;

http://www.photoplusexpo.com/ppe/index.jsp

Tickets are free if you sign up now. NYC is fairly close to Eastern PA!

4. The type of show I am refering to is like a large camera garage sale. I have found great deals for my other hobbies at these types of shows. Are there any of these around?

5. JackG

JackG

May 31, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Greg,

I used to live in North Jersey and their was a show in Wayne, NJ called The Second Sunday Camera Show. It was for 99% used equipment with many dealers from NY, NJ, CT & PA.

I see they still are listed in The Shutterbug as still going on. There are probably others but I don't have a Shutterbug handy right now. I know they have a web site you might check it out.

Jack

6. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    A camera show...what a concept. Another great way to effectively wear the numbers off my credit card!!! I, for one, would be easy prey at a camera show...I know that I would not be able to leave without buying something. I have totally fallen victim to the photography phenomenon. Talk about a bottomless pit, just when I think that I have most everything that I need...something additional will pop up. Basically, I'm doomed!

7. mf44

mf44

Jun 4, 2005
    NJ & MD
    Jack,

Thanks for mentioning that show. There's one this Sunday. I think I'll check it out.

8. JackG

JackG

May 31, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Mike,

Was always an interesting show for selling as well as buying. Lots of activity.

The fellow running it is Tom Trutt a big guy always at the entrance greeting people. He was a friend from High School days. If you see him tell him Jack Grey says hello.

Have fun.

Jack

9. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

They have them here in Michigan.. it has been years since I have gone to one...

10. Mike Z

Mike Z

May 30, 2005
    Northbrook, IL
    There used to be those types of shows in the Chicago area. I've not seen that many since Ebay became popular.

Mike

11. Thanks all. Pete, that link is helpful.