Camera Show?

I have been to many computer shows, gun shows, Jeep shows, and reptile shows. I have never been to a camera show. Does such a thing exist? What is the proper name so that I can do a search for one in my area (eastern PA.)? Are they worthwhile?

Thanks.

Greg,

Yes, there are several including PMA (in Miami this year I think). DPR usually covers these events in some detail.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The type of show I am refering to is like a large camera garage sale. I have found great deals for my other hobbies at these types of shows. Are there any of these around?

Greg,

I used to live in North Jersey and their was a show in Wayne, NJ called The Second Sunday Camera Show. It was for 99% used equipment with many dealers from NY, NJ, CT & PA.

I see they still are listed in The Shutterbug as still going on. There are probably others but I don't have a Shutterbug handy right now. I know they have a web site you might check it out.

Jack

A camera show...what a concept. Another great way to effectively wear the numbers off my credit card!!! I, for one, would be easy prey at a camera show...I know that I would not be able to leave without buying something. I have totally fallen victim to the photography phenomenon. Talk about a bottomless pit, just when I think that I have most everything that I need...something additional will pop up. Basically, I'm doomed!

JackG said:
Greg,

I used to live in North Jersey and their was a show in Wayne, NJ called The Second Sunday Camera Show. It was for 99% used equipment with many dealers from NY, NJ, CT & PA.

I see they still are listed in The Shutterbug as still going on. There are probably others but I don't have a Shutterbug handy right now. I know they have a web site you might check it out.

Jack
Jack,

Thanks for mentioning that show. There's one this Sunday. I think I'll check it out.

Mike,

Was always an interesting show for selling as well as buying. Lots of activity.

The fellow running it is Tom Trutt a big guy always at the entrance greeting people. He was a friend from High School days. If you see him tell him Jack Grey says hello.

Have fun.

Jack

D

dbirdsong

gbenic said:
I have been to many computer shows, gun shows, Jeep shows, and reptile shows. I have never been to a camera show. Does such a thing exist? What is the proper name so that I can do a search for one in my area (eastern PA.)? Are they worthwhile?

Thanks.
They have them here in Michigan.. it has been years since I have gone to one...

There used to be those types of shows in the Chicago area. I've not seen that many since Ebay became popular.

Mike

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom