Camera Shutter Life Expectancy Database

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by PhotoWorks, Apr 28, 2007.

1. I found this site of Camera Shutter Life Expectancy Database very interesting http://olegkikin.com/shutterlife/,Just add your camera model to see how your shutter goes...:wink:

2. RaceTripper

RaceTripper

Jan 6, 2007
    St. Louis
    OK, newbie question probably....

How do I know how may shutter actuations I have precisely? I have a pretty good idea from numbering of my NEF files, but is there a more accurate way to determine?

3. yoyo

yoyo

Nov 9, 2006
    The Netherlands
  4. Cope

Cope

Apr 5, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Opanda also shows total actuations.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    no dead shutters on D200 reported:>))))

6. Gale,

I think you are probably the only one that has more posts than shutter actuations on their D200. :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Tim

7. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Well lets see, LOLOL
    I have 25,000 on the D200....
    I need to go get some more pics quick:>))))

9. I just got my D100 back

from its first service. They told me it had 96,500 shutter presses on it - and they have given me another 3 month warranty!

10. yee gads....you get bragging rights here.

Reminds me of the old Volvo ads that featured the guy with a half million miles of something like that.

PLEASE....post a screen shot of the Opanda-documented 100,000th click......next week maybe????

11. hehe, thanks, but I will probably sell it. Its the S5 that gets a hammering now, and that is up to 3500, so add that to the 96500 and you have your number

12. D2XDeb

D2XDeb

Oct 21, 2005
    Manhattan USA
    100k on my D2X
    like the energizer bunny--it keeps on going and going and going...

13. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    Cool , so I won't be afraid anymore to take "silly" shots with my D2H just to spare the shutter's life :biggrin:

14. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    speaking of shutter life, my brother, who's been using my D1, told me that he's been getting several shots in a row that come out black :frown:

i wish i could figure out how many actuations i have on that body. i figure it's somewhere close to 50k.

ricky

15. RaceTripper

RaceTripper

Jan 6, 2007
    St. Louis
    I have over 11,000 and I just bought my D200 this past December. I did take 4800 pictures during 3 days of racing at Sebring in March.

I'm not worried about shutter count. When the damn thing wears out, then I stop taking pictures and move on to a new hobby. j/k