1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Camera store recommendations: Seattle and Portland

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mattes, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Hello there.

A good friend of mine travels through Washington State and Oregon. He needs some lenses, of which he haven't thought before his departure. Nothing really unusual, but a AF-D 50/1.8 and the 10.5/2.8 are on his list.

Could you recommend a good camera store in Seattle/WA or Portland/OR ?

I know this seems a bit unusual, but I really value your opinions.

Regards,

Mattes

2. Spectre

Spectre

Feb 20, 2008
    Oregon
    My suggestion would be Pro Photo in Portland.

Pro Photo Supply
    1112 NW 19th Ave.
    Portland Or. 97209

3. Bradford O

Bradford O

Feb 16, 2007
    Olympia, Wa
    Glazers, Camera West, Optik in Seattle, but the sales tax is about 8.8 percent; No sales tax in Oregon, so check out Camera World, Shutterbug and Pro Photo Supply, as Paul suggested.

4. Northwood

Northwood

Mar 26, 2008
    Oregon
  5. Jeff Lee

Jeff Lee

May 16, 2006
    Oregon
    Pro Photo.....one of the last "real camera" stores....

6. For Seattle, the two stores I'd recommend highly:

Glazer's Camera, outside of downtown Seattle. Huge variety of stuff, caters to amateurs and professionals. They are very knowledgeable. They have a very extensive rental department. You can get anything from lenses to computers with software to Chimera lighting.

Kenmore Camera outside of Seattle. Also very well-stocked.

7. Thanks a lot, you really are a great help (again) !

Mattes

8. I agree for Seattle, Glazer's in town and Kenmore Camera North of town. Both are very good. If gear is shipped out of state you could avoid our sales tax as well. Optechs is more for digital backed cameras and such I don't think they carry DSLR's anymore.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.