camera straps

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by mood, Jul 15, 2008.

1. mood

mood

Jun 27, 2007
    suburbia, ny
    any opinions on more comfortable/ longer straps than the supplied Nikon strap ?

I was at B&H Sunday looking, perhaps the one thing they have a poor selection of......

TIA

2. I got a free one from SmugMug and love it, very comfortable and it gives a bit when you walk so the camera isn't pulling on your neck as much. They were doing a promotional give-away.

3. I like my OP/Tech with the quick disconnect. Very comfortable.

4. davidzvi

davidzvi

Apr 30, 2005
    Massachusetts
    David
    I like the ones like the Lowepro Speedster. The NON stretchy neoprene rubber ones. The reason? I often use the strap to help brace the camera. Stretchy don't seem to work as well in that way for me.

5. Alan

Alan

May 9, 2008
    Georgia
  6. ArtO

ArtO

Jun 14, 2008
    Florida
    I use OpTech straps. They work great especially on heavy cameras like F4s. A quick word of caution here -- they're more expensive on ebay than at the camera shops online. Just got one for an F3HP from Freestyle it was about $5.00 less than the same thing on ebay.

7. mood

mood

Jun 27, 2007
    suburbia, ny
    thanks everyone

I guess I may have to visit my local shop and try a couple
    the BH display is not user friendly to say the least

the op tech did seem the most comfortable

8. Op/Tech--I got my from a Rocky Mountain School of Photography workshop, so it has their logo on it. Comfortable and cool!

9. I use the Nikon strap that came with my D200, but have the Domke strap on my D2X.

The Domke swivels and is comfortable. I will probably get another one for my D200.

10. I used the Optech for a while. It was comfortable and felt secure. When I thought I was going abroad I switched to the PacSafe strap because it has embedded steel cables that would make it difficult for a thief to use a razor to cut the strap and run with the camera. We didn't go on the trip but I'm still using the PacSafe; I don't notice a big difference in comfort.

11. jamesclarke

jamesclarke Guest

OP/Tech Pro Straps are very good IMO. Although I alternate between the OP/Tech and Nikon strap depending on use.

12. Another vote for BlackRapid 1 - had 2 of them, my brother came visiting last weekend - I now only have 1 !

13. aos111

aos111

Mar 9, 2008
    little rock ar
    Another vote for the Op Tech Pro strap.

Andy

14. Phil

Phil

Nov 25, 2007
    Illinois
    I use the Tamrac N-25. It's very comfortable and made of neoprene with a release clip at each end. It's about $18.

15. I used to use OpTech, but I switched to Domke. Very, very comfortable!!

16. KeithR

KeithR

Jun 21, 2008
    Minnesota
    I've used the Domke straps for over 20 years. They swivel and have rubber stripes on one side so that when your moving about, it stays on your shoulder. When you want to shoot, just slide a thumb or finger up the strap to swivel it to the smooth side, and your ready to go. Less than $20 at any good camera store. They have a couple of sizes, but I prefer the 1 inch width. I've used these on everything from F2's & F3's w/motors, F4, F5, D2h & X and D3's. They can handle the weight.

17. mood

mood

Jun 27, 2007
    suburbia, ny
    well
    looks like its Op-Tech or Domke

I did like the strap on my older Domke bag

keith..why 1" over the 1 1/2 "....just curious
    I would think wider woukld be more comfortable ?

18. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Op/Tech Classic straps for me. Same strength and weight capacity as Op/Tech Pro, but only about 2" wide, so wearing 2) neck straps when carrying 2 bodies "fits" the neck better.