camfi help

I am posting here because there was a discussion on using focus stacking with Sony cameras started already. I got a camfi pro to use with my Sony but can't figur e out how to make it owrk. The enclosed guide says how to charge the battery, attach it to my camera, how to download the app. Then it says when both are turned on, set the iPhone's wifi to the network beginging with camfi and upgrade the firmware. All easy to do.
But then I get a message saying there is no connection and I don't know where to go from there. There is no more documentation. The Camfi support site and their forum offers no help. Can someone tell me what to do next. Mike knows more than anyone here (I think) so I will PM him but he is using a Z.

Now that you have upgraded the firmware, try going through the step again of setting the wifi to the Camfi wifi. In other words, pretend that you installed the upgrade months ago and are just now using the CamFi for the first time today. If that doesn't work, turn your phone off, then on, then set its wifi to the CamFi wifi.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I did the steps you said. I even deleted and installed the app again. Here is what I get
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I found the connection problem. The short usb cable fits the usb terminal on my A7r4. However, I need to use the charging cable that comes with the camfi which is the only supplied cable to connect to the multi/micro terminal. I did not think that was correct because this cable is 3 feet long and quite unwieldy. So now I get a connection.

My problem with camfi is solved. It was very simple. The shifting did not work as I use back button focus. Switching focus to the shutter button allowed focus bracketing to work as it should.

Congratulations!

But I'm confused: You're using the MIOPS wireless method to release the shutter. Why does it matter whether you're using back button focusing?

I've never used their device to capture focus-bracketed images but I have used their wireless device controlled by a notebook computer and I left the camera on back button focus. The same is true for the five other remote shutter release devices I use including the CamRanger Mini focus-bracketing device.

Well, I was very confused but no longer. I tried all sort of options till I found one that works. I was set to send it back and was thinking of keeping my Z7 for FS. But now I can move on to something else to tax my mind.

Thanks for your interest in this topic.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom