Campbell Falls

Nikon D100, 18-35mm and H&H 89B IR filter

12146593.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Chris
By the way, how do you like the H&H filters? I have a couple (a 52mm and a 77mm, both of them were under $100!), and they perform flawlessly, but the do have a bit of homemade feel to them.

I miss the ability to shoot IR with a red filter though. I have a hard time with the whole 'frame, attach filter, shoot, remove filter, reframe , etc.' cycle.

If I ever get another camera, I might just replace my D100's internal IR cut filter, so I can do handheld digital IR. (There's some company that does this operation for $350 I think.)

For the amount of use I give them, the H&H filters are just fine. Yes, I agree they have a "not manufactured by machine" look, but there is no doubt that they do what they are supposed to and the prices beat the big boys by alot, so they are a good value. Maybe future DSLR's will have a live LCD, my old Coolpix 950 did and all I had to do was put the filter on. I could aim with the lcd, it would af, too!

Real Name
Chris
A lot of purists will say NEVER! to having a live LCD for a DSLR, after all, the R means there's a mirror in the way. But theoretically, one could lock up the mirror and turn on the sensor ...

But hey! I have a 950 and real home-made IR filter too:
http://radio.weblogs.com/0101365/stories/2002/12/08/southMountainPark.html

That little camera is probably the most convenient IR machine around, too bad it's so underpowered for today's image expectations. There a web page that tells you how to replace the internal IR blocking filter in the 950 here:
http://www.parsel.abe.msstate.edu/james/camera/lense.html
I've got to make time for this project.

M

marek

Can't see the photo here Baywing. Name rings a bell though. Are those falls in the smokies?

I can't figure out why the images keep disappearing, re-appearing then vanish again, unless something is going on at PBase.
Anyway, no, these falls are on the CT-MA border in NW CT.

12146593.IRcampbellfalls.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

M

marek

That's weird - copy paste the link works fine. And after having done that I can see it in here (probably in cache). Pbase allows hot linking doesn't it?

Latest threads

Top Bottom