Camping with the kiddos

We spent a couple of wonderful days with six of our grandchildren. My daughter and her husband were with us. They brought their four kids and Greg and I brought two other granddaughters from another daughter. The cousins had so much fun together. Some of the kids are teenagers now. I didn't realize that I liked kids that age so much. I guess it was more stressful when our daughters were teens, but the grandchildren are just delightful. I had fun using my new 50 f1.8 and 105 f2.8 macro lens. I've shot so much on zoom lenses lately that I had forgotten how much fun prime lens shooting can be.

#1 On a hike. I used my D5600 here. It had a polarizer on the kit lens. Not ideal. But I love the setting so I'm sharing this not so great image quality wise photo.

_56D6012.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

#2 Brighton practicing bicycle tricks.

_DSC7494.jpg

#3 Harlee hanging out in the tent. (The kids like to sleep in tents. Don't feel sorry for me. I slept in our 5th Wheel.)

_DSC7662.jpg

#4 Brighton chopping kindling.

_DSC8102.jpg

#5 Campfire fun

_DSC7902.jpg

#6 Campfire fun
_DSC7906.jpg

#7 Campfire Fun

_DSC7911.jpg

#8 The little girls dressing for sleeping on a cold night---we had a hard frost the next morning.

_DSC7916.jpg

#9 Playing Dolls in the tent

_DSC8140.jpg

#11 Playing Dolls In The Tent

_DSC8139.jpg

#12 These boys are getting so big.
_DSC8187.jpg

#13 Checking out the bridge the kids were building across the creek.
_DSC8174.jpg

#14 Card Games are Always Fun.....by the way, I won!!

_DSC8127.jpg

I have lots more but I've probably more than worn out my welcome with these. I love doing candid shots of the kids doing their activities. I let me daughter do most of the formal posed shots.

Isn't it astonishing how quickly they grow up? Most of us here can remember seeing photos of these kids when they were babies or toddlers, and now look at them! What a fun time for all you, going camping together and having the joy of family time together. As others have said, these are memories which the kids will always have and cherish, as do you. Your great photos of these occasions provide the icing on the cake, the cherry on the top of the ice cream sundae!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom