Can´t help: they just wanted to be photogarphed!

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by j.ankanpaa, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Hello!

This is by the way much more active "Odonata forum" than one dedicated for them I registered awhile back... Which is great, I think! :smile:

#1 male Aeshna isoceles
    A-7.

#2 female Crocothemys erythraea
    C-7.

I just love these Gomhidae!!!

#3 Female Gomphus flavipes. Note the right side lower wing, surprizingly it didn´t seem to affect her flying
    G-8.

#4 Male Onychogomphus forcipatus
    O-11.

#5 Male Onychogompus forcipatus and the Northern Lights :)tongue:)...
    O-10.

#6 Male Cordulegaster insignis... Beautiful dragon, indeed!
    C-8.

#7 Male Libellula fulva... this one hasn´t find the love of his life yet (actually, you can see that)
    L-5.

#8... but these have... Orthetrum brunneum pair
    O-9.

#9 This tiny fellow has quite a big head, don´t you think... maybe he likes to eat a lot, I don´t know...
    A male Selysiothemis nigra
    S-16.

Thanks for looking! :smile:

2. SSchex

SSchex

May 18, 2005
    Louisiana, USA
    Really good captures Jukka. Your exposure, sharpness and compositon is spot on.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Your images are always beautiful

4. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Beautiful series, as always, Jukka. It's very nice to see species that I haven't seen live. I love it when people post Odonata pics. That Cordulegaster insignis is beautiful for sure.

5. Very enjoyable. I think I can understand why so many Odonata too, they are so much fun/challenge to photograph.

6. Jti001

Jti001

Apr 21, 2006
    Very nice pics beutiful colors and especially the mating couple

7. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Super shots .

Were these with the 300 F4 & the 500d?

8. Great shots as always.. Thank you so much for sharing them.

9. Excellent set of shots Jukka.

We had a break in the weather today so hopefully or Dragonfly season will start on earnest.

Cheers

Alex

10. Thanks you, Scott!

About exposures, there´s not much I must do, I use a Nikon :biggrin:

Thanks Gale! :smile:

Tak Torben!

I really hoped we would have seen more of those insignis as they´re very pretty indeed...

Thanks, Victor!

You got that right! :smile:

Thanks, Jti!

Thanks, Biggs!

Just 300 f4 (AF-S version)

Thanks, Tom!

Thanks Alex!

So far we have had good season, weather great or OKish... I guess all those heavy rains have fallen in Denmark, Norway and Sweden (according to the news)so we have had just some light summer rains, otherwise good Odonata weather...