Can a D2Hs owner do me a favor?

It seems that I may have been sold an import model. On mine, wen you open the CF door, there is a silver sticker that says "reverse side" and then also in Japanese. This made me wonder before I knew about the serial No. thing, too. Does your USA model have this japanese writing? Also does your serial NO. start in 2 or 3?

It seems that I may have been sold an import model. On mine, wen you open the CF door, there is a silver sticker that says "reverse side" and then also in Japanese. This made me wonder before I knew about the serial No. thing, too. Does your USA model have this japanese writing? Also does your serial NO. start in 2 or 3?
If it helps any I have a D2H which is definitely a UK model. It has the same sticker and most of us in the UK do not speak japanese.

My USA D2Hs has the same sticker. Serial starts with 300. A USA model should have a sticker in the battery compartment saying NIKONUSA.

no usa stickerr in the battery compartment that I can see, looking like tis an import

Mine has the same silver sticker.
It's a Dutch (European) model.
Serial # starts with 3.

I have owned a US model D2H. It had a yellow/blue NIKONUSA sticker in the battery compartment. Serial # started with 2.

M

Mr Bunky

My D2H 204xxxx is a US model and has the small silver sticker in the door that you described. Congrats on an awesome camera!

The bottomline is, that US "professional" cameras have a Nikon USA sticker in the battery compartment. The silversticker relates to placement of the CF card and the serial numbers have no relation to whether it is US or not. As far as I know, all other Nikon dslr cameras, like a D70, have serial # related to a region or country.

Top Bottom