Can a D2Hs owner do me a favor?

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by Snipps, May 22, 2007.

1. Snipps

Oct 7, 2006
    It seems that I may have been sold an import model. On mine, wen you open the CF door, there is a silver sticker that says "reverse side" and then also in Japanese. This made me wonder before I knew about the serial No. thing, too. Does your USA model have this japanese writing? Also does your serial NO. start in 2 or 3?
  2. If it helps any I have a D2H which is definitely a UK model. It has the same sticker and most of us in the UK do not speak japanese.
  3. My USA D2Hs has the same sticker. Serial starts with 300. A USA model should have a sticker in the battery compartment saying NIKONUSA.
  4. Snipps

Oct 7, 2006
    no usa stickerr in the battery compartment that I can see, looking like tis an import
  5. yoyo

Nov 9, 2006
    The Netherlands
    Mine has the same silver sticker.
    It's a Dutch (European) model.
    Serial # starts with 3.

I have owned a US model D2H. It had a yellow/blue NIKONUSA sticker in the battery compartment. Serial # started with 2.
  6. My USA D2H body also has a Nikon USA sticker in the battery compartment and the serial number also starts with 2.
  7. Mine starts with a 3 and it IS a US model
  8. CAJames

Sep 6, 2006
    Lompoc, CA
    My USA D2Hs is serial number 300*, but the sticker says Reverse Side and Japanese. It was serviced by Nikon inEl Segundo under warranty for what thats worth.
  9. Brian-S

Feb 10, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    hard to know, but mine has the Nikon USA sticker in the battery comparment.

10. Mr Bunky

Mr Bunky Guest

My D2H 204xxxx is a US model and has the small silver sticker in the door that you described. Congrats on an awesome camera!
  11. The bottomline is, that US "professional" cameras have a Nikon USA sticker in the battery compartment. The silversticker relates to placement of the CF card and the serial numbers have no relation to whether it is US or not. As far as I know, all other Nikon dslr cameras, like a D70, have serial # related to a region or country.