1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Can anyone help me with this lightroom2 issue?

Discussion in 'Adobe Processing Products' started by DearLeader, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Using a D300 with Lightroom2

After I export a LR2 NEF to JPG the exposure/white balance is lost. The warmer example is the completed NEF and the colder example is JPG view through Picasa. I also tried viewing the JPG in other viewers and they are all cold. I have made sure to export as SRGB. Thanks in advance.

Any advice? This is obviously making NEF development a bit troubling because the final result is always different after the conversion.

%28Bridge%20View%29%2030092008%2072227%20AM.

View attachment 260670

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2008
  2. wgilles

wgilles

Apr 25, 2008
    NJ
    Try converting the file to a DNG and do your edits again, then export.

Also, is it doing it with every file or just this one?

3. thanks for your response... it is doing this will all conversions...

so ... you are suggesting to import nefs, then convert nef to dng, then do edits, then convert dng to jpeg?? seems unnecessary but I'll give anything a try.... thanks....

4. Did you convert the file out to jpg from within LR? If so, the WB info should follow correctly.

5. yes... after i am finished developing i switch back the the library module and select all images in the strip.... then I export to another folder as 100% quality jpeg in SRGB....

6. I just had this annoying problem myself

I would Export to TIFF from LR2
    Open in CS3 - run an action - export to JPEG

They were all dark in my case

I resolved it for the Export to JPEG from CS3, by selecting sRGB - which I don't think was ever checked before, but ??

You are on the right track - keep checking your dialog boxes as you move through your workflow, and you will find the issue

7. FYI I don't use CS3, but when I export as TIFF to Paint Shop Pro X2 it still produces the same unacceptable result...

AARRRRRRHHH!

8. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    Could it be something as simple as your web browser not using the right colour space ? Both Safari and Firefox ( at least ) corretcly read the colour space embedded in the photos but IE doesn't …

Edit : Hum I just saw that you did use sRGB so I'm stumped !

9. wgilles

wgilles

Apr 25, 2008
    NJ
    Just a try:
    Is all of your software updated?

10. Any progress here??

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.