Can anyone Help with PSCS2 question?

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by papa85, Nov 16, 2005.

1. papa85

papa85 Guest

:confused: I just installed PSCS2. was working on an image in Layers. and I noticed at the bottom left of the ( add a Layers style ) "little f" there is a chain showing. also next to the eyeballs there was a row of paint brushes that is not there any more . anyone know how to get back to normal??? Dose this make any sense? Thanks in advance.:confused:

2. Tony, the chain icon indicates that the layer is locked. If you go up to the top of that section, there are four selections. You can double click on the lock, to unlock the layer. You won't see this tool bar active, if you are working on your background layer. You need to duplicate the background layer, then you will see the toolbar reappear. To duplicate the layer, drag it down to the icon next to the trash bucket. A second duplicate layer will then appear.

Hope this helps!

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

3. papa85

papa85 Guest

Thanks for your time. I am able to unlock with the duplicate layer but when I double click on the lock icon the brush column still dose not appear. Isn't it supposed to be there all the time? Am I imaging this.

4. Which layer is highlighted? You need to be on the duplicate background layer.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

5. papa85

papa85 Guest

I have the "Copy background layer " highlighted. That was it. thanks much for the info.