Can anyone id ...?

Taken recently, just wondering if anyone knows the name ???

Cheers,

Stu

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Flew said:
Stu,

I believe that it is a juvenile White Ibis.

Regards,

Frank
Frank, Stu is in New Zealand...so its not a White Ibis...although its definitely <i>some</i> kind of Ibis! Unfortunately I don't have a bird book for down under...but I'll look on the web....stay tuned...

:D

Neil
(It helps that I'm Australian and have seen plenty of Straw-necked Ibises and Australian White Ibises - which it still may be)

EDIT: I'm only gloating because this is such an incredibly rare event where I might have been right. :)

OK, OK, Neil, so you aced the vet and the noob. Don't gloat too much.... :lol: :lol:

Forgetting where this pic was taken, I just blithly got out my Sibley 'Guide to Birds' forgetting that it probably only covers N America.... :oops:

Good job Neil (I personally think that it was a lucky guess....;-)).

Regards,

Frank

Thanks

Thanks for all the replies and finally getting an id which was great. The shot was taken at Auckland Zoo but the bird wasnt tagged as far as I could see and I couldnt see it on any of the info boards. I took about 4 shots and I think this was the best for composition and exposure.

Backdoctor, I think your picture definitely shows a more natural environment.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom