1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Can anyone recommend a place to go near Easton, PA

Discussion in 'Special Sessions, Events, and Tour Announcements' started by wgilles, Sep 5, 2008.

1. wgilles

wgilles

Apr 25, 2008
    NJ
    My girlfriend has finally taken an interest in MY photography and would like to go somewhere "scenic" as she described. We live in Easton, PA and are looking for somewhere to go to get some nice landscape shots. Can anyone recommend somewhere?

2. Easy. Go up toward the Delaware Water gap. Take 209 north from I-80 and follow the Delaware River through Bushkill and Dingman's Ferry. Google Bushkill Falls - very pleasant gorge in which to shoot. The entire Water Gap area is chock full of landscape opportunities and a short drive from Easton. Beware the traffic on weekends though.

Alternatively, you can head west on I80 through the Poconos.

http://www.visitbushkillfalls.com/gallery.php

http://www.nps.gov/dewa/index.htm

http://www.fotosearch.com/CRT446/15511-07ns/

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2008
  3. sonuj2

sonuj2

May 11, 2006
    Naperville, IL
    You may want to try Bushkill Falls ... I believe they are just a few miles from Easton. HERE are some details on the Bushkill Falls, also called the Niagara Falls of PA. I liked the trials but make sure you are ready for some serious walking.

4. The Red Mill in Clinton, N.J. is nice. It is an old grist mill that has been converted into a museum with a small spillway and iron bridge next to it. There is also a small art gallery on the opposite river bank and a nice little town to wander through.

From Easton, head south down Rt. 611 and River Road (route 32) toward Point Pleasant and New Hope. Check out Ringing Rocks state park and High Rock Vista at Ralph Stover state park. Sand Castle Winery is nice with a 15 mile view from the top of the hill that it sits on. There are numerous photo opportunities along the Delaware and Raritan Canal on both N.J. and Pa. sides of the Delaware River.

These places are even better when the foliage starts to change.

5. Hadn't thought about New Hope area. An excellent suggestion. Not as much sheer scenic splendor as Water Gap, but very pretty location and great place to and shoot people.

6. wgilles

wgilles

Apr 25, 2008
    NJ
    Thanks for the Bushkill falls suggestion.
    I actually used to live in Flemington so I've been to the Clinton Mill quite a few times, I have a picture of it on here somewhere, thanks though.

New hope is also a good idea, I'm going to be there next weekend I think so I'll bring my camera along.

7. My vote goes to Rickett's Glen State Park. Can you say waterfalls? Truly an amazing place to shoot waterfalls like this:

211694266_vuScV-XL.

or this:

217198216_khRmp-XL.

8. willg

willg

Nov 22, 2007
    New Jersey, USA
    A little farther than Bushkill but not as far as Ricketts you have George Childs State Park. Within a close area of New Hope you have at least 4 or 5 covered bridges in Bucks County.

9. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Will, What part of Easton are you living in? Easton Cemetery, strange as it sounds has some interesting shots, I am PPing some of the P'burg steam train right now, less than 2 hours is Lancaster County, if you go on a Friday check out the Green Dragon Farmers Market.

10. wgilles

wgilles

Apr 25, 2008
    NJ
    I'm actually in Wilson, near 25th street, I'll check it out, thanks

11. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Will, You also have the mules that pull the barge on the Lehigh Canal. My uncle, Barry Willever, lives in your area. Mark

12. wgilles

wgilles

Apr 25, 2008
    NJ
    Yeah, I went there last year, it was kinda cool

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.