1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Can I batch noise reduction via capture nx?

Discussion in 'Nikon Capture and View NX' started by stayathomedad, Jul 23, 2008.

1. stayathomedad

stayathomedad

Mar 11, 2008
    Alaska
    How do I batch noise reduction in capture nx?

Do I have to create some settings file?

Please help...

2. Stay, it is very simple to do. I'm not at the computer that has NX on it so I can't give you the exact steps. However, I seem to remember that it is precisely explained in a help screen. I suggest that you search "batch." Once you've created a batch file for noise reduction, you'll likely be creating a lot more batch files.

3. Stay, now that I am at the computer with NX2 on it, I can show you how to get to the information that you need. Bring up the help screens. Search the word, batch. Click on "Chapter 20: Batch Menu." You're good to go.

4. The nice thing with NX2 is that after you batch NR all the files, you can go back into them, click on the NR adjustment to open it up, select the brush with the minus selected, and remove NR from important parts you want the detail to remain in, such as eyes, hair, faces, etc.

This is an efficient way to get the bulk of the NR done in one step then fine tune it for those images that need selective NR.

Good luck!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.