1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Can I be the model this time?

Discussion in 'Special Sessions, Events, and Tour Announcements' started by shanelu87, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Hi Cafe! I have not been in the photography game in a while, as I sold off all my equipment to pay my student loans off after school. I still dearly love the sport of photography, though.

I lately became interested to do just a quick photoshoot of me being the subject (rather than behind the camera this time) of a hobby near and dear to me: Firearms. I find most creative photos on the internet are not creative at all. We can discuss in PM the specifics, but I want to get away from the SWAT style photos and rather mix other weird/exciting elements in. I live in DFW.

I'm thinking edgy, strobist style with selective lighting. I have access to a private huge range with lots of freedom. It has everything from bundled up tires as backstops, green grass and all types of steel and barricades. Firearms will all be real and no live rounds will be present unless specifically discussed beforehand.

Payment could be in either paper or lead, or if you are just starting out we can figure it out together. Thanks!

Please be assured I am an absolute nut when it comes to firearms safety and our safety will be the #1 priority for the entirety of the shoot. And anytime you see a gun or plan on shooting one, follow the 4 rules of gun safety at all times.

Mods, if this is against the rules please do lock and delete. Also..I wasn't really sure where to put this...please move if not appropriate.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.