Can I get a bonus?

Home: Columbia, MD, USA; Present: Bogota, Colombia
All,

I don't know if this is the intent but I notice what looks like a flaw on this site. When I try and read the "for sale" forum I get an error saying I need to post 25 messages before I can proceed. OK, I can understand that rule, however if I logout of the site and am therefore anonymous, I can read the forum just fine! :twisted:

Now I would think the for sale forum should either be unavailable to all or perhaps only regular "posters" could post items for sale.

Do you think I can get an automatic "25 postings" for finding this error?????

Real Name
Chris
Yeah, it's a known flaw. Tell you what, hop over to the New Members forum, introduce yourself and say to 23 other new members and you can have those 25 bonus hits. ;)

Home: Columbia, MD, USA; Present: Bogota, Colombia
Or I could just post more useless posts like others. I just couldn't help myself. In my paying job, I often look for flawed rules, or incorrectly implemented rules. When I saw this one I just had to post.

It had the added benefit of letting the moderators know about it.

B

Bernie

Hey.. I wanted to look at the for sale forum.. now I know how!
#1 post!
Thanks
Bernie

Chris101 said:
But notice there is no advertising, so traffic is just ... traffic.
This is very nice feature of the site. Who is paying for all this? Should there be an option to donate to the site for upkeep and maintanance? I really don't mind getting things for free, but as the site grows I image that the expence on those that created it will become somewhat of a problem. In the mean time I will happily enjoy the site for free.

Real Name
Chris
Good question Matt.

The site is owned by two of the members: Patrick Bramlett and Frank "Flew". I asked about donations or membership dues early on, but neither replied. So I didn't bring it up again. ;)

But I think one reason people are so reasonable here is that they realize this is a 'labor of love' and these two guys do a lot to keep this place up and on the net just for us.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom