Can I get a bonus?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ScottR, May 7, 2005.

1. All,

I don't know if this is the intent but I notice what looks like a flaw on this site. When I try and read the "for sale" forum I get an error saying I need to post 25 messages before I can proceed. OK, I can understand that rule, however if I logout of the site and am therefore anonymous, I can read the forum just fine! :twisted:

Now I would think the for sale forum should either be unavailable to all or perhaps only regular "posters" could post items for sale.

Do you think I can get an automatic "25 postings" for finding this error?????

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Yeah, it's a known flaw. Tell you what, hop over to the New Members forum, introduce yourself and say to 23 other new members and you can have those 25 bonus hits. ;)

3. Or I could just post more useless posts like others. I just couldn't help myself. In my paying job, I often look for flawed rules, or incorrectly implemented rules. When I saw this one I just had to post.

It had the added benefit of letting the moderators know about it.

4. yeah don't you just love making totally pointless posts? I love doing this. But I do have a point I do want the sale forum as well. I BOUGHT A 70-200 VR!

5. Traffic...

It also has the added benefit of adding traffic to the site :p

6. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    But notice there is no advertising, so traffic is just ... traffic.

7. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    And I thought I was the only one to figure that out. #22

8. Bernie

Bernie Guest

Hey.. I wanted to look at the for sale forum.. now I know how!
    #1 post!
    Thanks
    Bernie

9. This is very nice feature of the site. Who is paying for all this? Should there be an option to donate to the site for upkeep and maintanance? I really don't mind getting things for free, but as the site grows I image that the expence on those that created it will become somewhat of a problem. In the mean time I will happily enjoy the site for free.

10. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Good question Matt.

The site is owned by two of the members: Patrick Bramlett and Frank "Flew". I asked about donations or membership dues early on, but neither replied. So I didn't bring it up again. ;)

But I think one reason people are so reasonable here is that they realize this is a 'labor of love' and these two guys do a lot to keep this place up and on the net just for us.