Can I get you to check this.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Doug Barber, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Greetings all....

Because my old site bit the dust, I've spent the last day or so creating a template for a new one.

At this point I've only (really) got one page working. But my thinking is this page style and photo viewing approach will just be duplicated for different galleries and subject matter.

I already know a few of the images and not configured properly and are not showing the white border. This is an easy fix... but I did not want to both to do it before I confirmed that the rest of the design is working properly on all type of OS systems and browsers.

Creating the photo book has been a tone of work. But if it works.... it will go a long way to solving my problem of images showing up in publications and websites without my consent. So in the end I'm hopeful that the work will be worth the effort.

Thanks in advance for your input and help.

http://www.dougbarberphotography.com/test/

2. Hi Doug,

I really like it - excellent images, and a nice way of displaying them in book format also. I am looking at in Safari/Mac OSX, and it looks fine to me. Just a couple of comments:

- The noise the site makes when turning pages in the book is pretty annoying (or at least that is what my girlfriend thinks!)
    - It would be nice if you could somehow get everything into a single browser window without having to scroll down. I realise that this is caused by the text above the photobook, and in a final layout will probably look different, but I also think your logo at the top of the page (which I like a lot) is taking up a lot of screen real estate (although I am viewing it on a laptop)
    - What does the word 'radium' mean in this context? I only know the radioactive element......

3. Nice Doug. white border pages and all!

4. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

5. Very nice work Doug. I think the page turning is kind of catchy and set your site apart from others. I too wondered what the term radium meant within the context that it was used?

6. Hi Doug,

A neat way to present the photos.

A couple of suggestions:
    1) The right hand edge of the "cover" of the book that sticks out beyond the image is "hot" and can be dragged out of the image. Probably an artifact from an earlier version of the page.

2) I think you mean "random" not "radium"

Bob & Nan

7. I really like the page turning. I didn't care for how long the site takes to load.

8. Thanks everyone....

I could not solve the issue with the (book edge image) so I took it out and that will solve the issue of it moving if you drag your mouse on the wrong part.

Bob you are right on the "random" issue.... have no idea what I was thinking.:redface:

I will look into what is involved in reducing the space the header image takes up.... this might be a valid point considering how I want to use this type of page.

Again thank everyone for your help

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.