Can I see your best 17-55 samples!

I don't know that this shot is anything special but it illustrates the wonderful versatile nature of this lens.
We're always talking about a "walk around" lens. I made myself "walk around" downtown San Antonio with my 24-120 last week to get some use out of it. It's great in bright light but I kept going inside and getting frustrated because my favored style is definitely natural light.

This particular shot is all about what I like about the 17-55.

I had just gotten to a wedding where I was shooting as a casual friend. They had a semi-pro shooting gratis as friend, so I felt ok walking around taking, as another friend, lots of shots.

This was a quick snap walking up the stairs with no time to do anything but shoot. ISO 800 and pretty much wide open at f3.0 1/30th
I'm not sure what other lens would have been the one to have at the moment except maybe a 20 prime.

The lens at it's semi-candid best, excepting a bit of motion blur.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

H

Henk

These are a couple of 17-55 flowershots I've taken, needless to say I'm a pretty happy camper :lol: :lol: :lol:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom