1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Can I see your best 17-55 samples!

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Jonathan F/2, May 22, 2005.

1. I want to see a variety of 17-55 samples from people photos to landscapes, candids, etc. Thanks!

2. Jonathan, many of the shots on my pbase gallery are shot with the 17-55mm, including the entire wedding I just did. You might check it out.

3. I don't know that this shot is anything special but it illustrates the wonderful versatile nature of this lens.
    We're always talking about a "walk around" lens. I made myself "walk around" downtown San Antonio with my 24-120 last week to get some use out of it. It's great in bright light but I kept going inside and getting frustrated because my favored style is definitely natural light.

This particular shot is all about what I like about the 17-55.

I had just gotten to a wedding where I was shooting as a casual friend. They had a semi-pro shooting gratis as friend, so I felt ok walking around taking, as another friend, lots of shots.

This was a quick snap walking up the stairs with no time to do anything but shoot. ISO 800 and pretty much wide open at f3.0 1/30th
    I'm not sure what other lens would have been the one to have at the moment except maybe a 20 prime.

The lens at it's semi-candid best, excepting a bit of motion blur.

43722440.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

4. Henk

Henk Guest

These are a couple of 17-55 flowershots I've taken, needless to say I'm a pretty happy camper :lol: :lol: :lol:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.