Can I use ACR with d300?

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by sic1, Sep 17, 2008.

1. sic1

sic1

Feb 9, 2007
    Chicago IL
    And if so how. I downloaded the adobe camera raw file from adobe. Put the plugin into CS3 plugin folder? I read on the forums that ACR opens when you click on a photo in Abobe bridge which i tried. I get a file error message stating unsupported format when clicking on the D300 nef in bridge. Do i need to convert the nef first? What I am trying to do is learn how to patch process a group of photos at once.....say sharpen, color correction and white balance all at once if the photos where taken at the same time under the same lighting. As far as i know you cant batch process in lightroom 2 or can you?

2. mattsteg

mattsteg

Aug 10, 2007
    MN
    Batch processing and general workflow management is really the point of LR, so it's actually very good at it, if somewhat unintuitive if you're used to thinking differently. You did something wrong in installing the newest ACR, because it should open D300 files fine. LR is a much more convenient tool to process large numbers of images at once anyway. Just adjust one photo and then sync your adjustments to the rest.

3. sic1

sic1

Feb 9, 2007
    Chicago IL
    I used the ACR convert program that was part of the download and converted the nikon nef to dng and then the photos opened up in bridge directly into ACR. my next question is once i apply a batch change to white balance i click opn images and they open into CS3. once I make further adjustments in CS3 how do I select the multiple open photos and save them all at once to a folder as high res jpegs for printing? Or do I have to somehow export all the individual photos back into bridge or do i have to save them as jpegs one at a time from CS3?

4. mattsteg

mattsteg

Aug 10, 2007
    MN
    They should do that, but the step should also be unnecessary. The current version of ACR, 4.5, should have no problem opening up d300 files directly. What you're doing works, but shouldn't be necessary and sounds like a lot of work to me.
    Go to file/image processor. Choose "use open images", pick the folder you want to save in, and set the file type(s) you want to save. If you have a set of steps that you routinely follow before export you can record them as an action and apply them at this point as well.

5. R U using a Mac or PC??

6. Wileec

Wileec Guest

Yeah - Geof's query.

I use Bridge and ACR in CS3 to process NEF files with no extra conversion step and no hitch on a Mac. And it's worked this way for me, since picture one, nine months ago, when I got my D300.

7. sic1

sic1

Feb 9, 2007
    Chicago IL
    I am using pc

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.