1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Can someone identify this blossom?

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by KeithL, May 30, 2007.

1. KeithL

KeithL

Mar 3, 2006
    Southern Ohio
    I found a tree with these blossoms at Cuyahoga National Park two weeks ago, but do not know what kind of tree it was. Can someone identify it for me? Thanks.

original.
    NIKON D200    ---    105mm    f/16.0    1/1s    ISO 100

2. Any more pics with more leaves in the composition, might help. I'm thinking beech so far??? Not a chestnut due to the leaf structure so far.

3. KeithL

KeithL

Mar 3, 2006
    Southern Ohio
    Sandi,

Sorry, but I don't have any more details of the leaves. Thanks for looking.

4. Maybe its...

Viburnam ?, I have some in my yard, heres what mine look like,,

522510078_d8be00cb6c_b.

5. So this is Viburnum??? I was wondering, had this posted on Flickr

522429606_13e7cc006b_b.

6. Keith, are you sure it was a tree and not a large shrub? I am a fan of the CVNP. Are you a member of the Photographic Society? It's a neat group of nature photographers dedicated to the Cuyahoga Valley National Park and Metroparks.

7. Unless I am very much mistaken the three images shown above are of three different plants.

Bob F.

8. KeithL

KeithL

Mar 3, 2006
    Southern Ohio
    OHcorgis,

It could have been a large shrub. I was only able to photograph the lowest branches, though, which gave me the impression that it was a tree. It was along the Towpath Trail, just across the bridge near the Hunt Farm Visitor Information Center.

9. Mine is a small tree, it will grow red berries in late summer.

10. KeithL

KeithL

Mar 3, 2006
    Southern Ohio
    Thanks to everyone who helped me identify this. Another person emailed me privately and identified it as Viburnum plicatum tomentosum 'Shasta'. A Google search yielded many photos and descriptions.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.