1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Can someone please tell me......

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SWsabre, Jul 7, 2018.

1. SWsabre

SWsabre

Oct 5, 2008
    AZ
    Who was messing with the thermostat and turned up the heat??????????? :eek: 

orig.

• Wow Wow x 1
  2. Makes our 77 seem even more just right :joyful: 

3. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    YIKES! But at least it is a dry heat. Here - 90° feels over 100° due to humidity. I'll take dry heat any day! LOL!

4. Whoa, that's HOT!!!!! Here we have been experiencing a delightfully cool day with low humidity and pleasant temps in the low 80's.....a true relief after just having had several miserable days of high heat and high humidity, the combination of which is thoroughly, totally yucky, suffocating and stifling. It was something like 95 at the worst and felt more like 105 thanks to the high humidity.

5. rick_reno

rick_reno

Dec 3, 2012
    N Idaho
    77 here too. It’s pretty comfortable. I was getting text messages yesterday from friends in Southern California with pics of their thermometers. All were over 110.

6. 106 here today.
    I'm ready for fall.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I've been in 110 - 120 degree heat with low humidity twice and I've been in 90 - 95 degree heat with high humidity many, many times. I'll take the latter any day. The only way I can describe the former when there is a breeze that is supposedly going to cool things off is that it's like standing in front of an oven when a fan is only making things worse by blowing the hot air onto you. Totally oppressive unlike anything I've ever experienced.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  8. Have to laugh at the term "dry heat" When you step outside and
    you get punched in the face with a blast furnace greeting...it's HOT.
    Moisture gets sucked out of your eyes and throat when it's over 100.
    Lived back East for 30 years with the humidity and 90's. They both suck.
    Like Dave, I'm totally ready for Fall. :D 

9. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    I was born in Albuquerque and have spent a lot of time in New Mexico and southwestern deserts. I'll take that heat over heat and humidity any day!

Of course, given a choice I'd MUCH prefer mid 70°s and low humidity any day! LOL!

10. SteveK

SteveK

Mar 16, 2005
    Alaska
    It's 51°F, with high winds and rain here in the Alaska Range.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I'm sure Nick's mother taught him that it's not nice to brag. :ROFLMAO: 

12. She did, but obviously I didn't listen very well :ROFLMAO: 

13. menbrial

menbrial

Apr 30, 2006
    colorado
    It was 29f here last night :ROFLMAO: 
    Now at 11am its 60f :) 

14. A butterfly flapped its wings in South America.

15. Going to be balmy here in Thunder Bay ...Temperature going to skyrocket to 78 F or 26 Centigrade. :)  We're not used to these heat extremes!

16. Going to be balmy here in Thunder Bay. Forecast says that the high will be 78 F or 26 Centigrade. We're not used to these weather extremes;) 

17. SWsabre

SWsabre

Oct 5, 2008
    AZ
    Mike & Will: well said! It is hard to describe the impact the heat - even a "dry heat" has. As I get older it seems even more pronounced, under 100 ain't bad, 100 - 105 is tolerable, over 110 feels like I'm going to keel over and burst into flames :dead: 

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.