Can someone shed some light on how this acheived ?

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by Picturepro, Sep 7, 2017.

1. I guess this person is shooting HDR. When I shoot real estate I shoot 75-150 RAW shots . some agents like wide shot some like tighter shots, I give a variety. It would take hours shoot on tripod 100 shots of HDR. is there a new software ? even a image on the TV.

I shoot RAW on a D4. software tools I use Ps-CC14 and Br-CC14, Help plz Thank you

after web searching I found this software Purchase a license of HDR photo software Photomatix

and a webpage comparison Top 20 Best HDR Software Review 2017

I do know know who the photogr is. or photo credit would be given

80-tes6_96e4062761ef1a6cc3e7bb5fb0775838525af462.

80-tes4_e530d6342f5013cb7186a22c2da4ee9c4af9722a.
    80-tes3_fcd18845b05a6e154cad969a20593a1ab510970a.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  2. It doesn't look real to me

3. Last 2 especially look fake! Mountain sides in the first need more sun, it would seem :rolleyes:

4. wembley

wembley

Mar 26, 2006
    Naples, Fl
    Picturepro:

I'm a Real Estate photographer.
    There a couple of options for shooting like this.
    1. HDR
    2. Flash
    3. HDR + Flash
    4. HDR + processing

These shots were 2,3 or 4.

I actually shoot HDR and for my high-end images, it is HDR and processing. ie. some photoshop to pull the windows, add t.v fills, replace blue skies and digital staging etc.
    HDR is not really the right terminology as it is image blending of multiple exposures.
    Some use flash (multiple flashes). Usually less pp time but some needed still. More time shooting, less processing.
    When I started I used Photomatix but now realize how horrible its final images are. But, there are some RE photographers out there making a killing shoot those extreme HR images.
    I use a more subtle process using Enfuse in LR. 3 raw images, +2,0, -2 exp blended and then some presets to add contrast back and color corrections. I have a processor for images that need window pulls or tv adds, or blue sky replacements as I am not proficient in that part of it.

If you're looking to shoot RE I'd recommend learning Enfuse embedded into LR. It's a very efficient system for shooting and processing and cost productive. I have a couple of threads in the "making money" forum.
    You can also see examples of my business at www.banyanphotos.com

Here is a recent basic shot I processed.

1435 Vintage Lane Naples 34104 #5214 (9 of 9).

And 1 from the same shoot my processor did.

DSC_4191_Rug Removed.

cheers
    wembley

5. Now those look believable.

6. wembley

wembley

Mar 26, 2006
    Naples, Fl
    I actually think the processed one (in my response) is overdone photographically for the window pull, but it is such a vital selling point for RE agents that people see the views.
    BTW the couch and table are digitally staged. ie not real!!!

Additionally, the 1st image might not have been the best to post but demonstrated a basic image result from a simple workflow. Technically the image has many issues. But the house was a mess and this wasn't a shot to waste a lot of time on. So the stuff on bed, the toy by the window would have been removed (but that is also the responsibility of the agent to prepare the house).

cheers
    wembley

7. Thank s for the replies
    and Thanks Wembley

Yes I started out shooting RE 1989-1992 out of college. I see more and more of my clients using this HR photography and I guess I need to know and learn. Once and while I'll shoot RE just for fill when commercial or wedding is not making me money.
    I learned on the latest there is a RAW merge in photoshop to achieve the HR photos some of my clients are using. Now faced with learn it or not make money. I'll research this Enfuse you mentioned

8. I used to do a little Real Estate photography. My lighting was nearly all flash triggered with a remote. I found it best to shut most blinds and drapes so I didn't have to compete with the bright sunlight. Here are a few that I did in 2007:
    _DSC7674.

_DSC7677.

_DSC7625.

_DSC7694.

9. Growltiger

Growltiger Administrator Administrator

I dislike the first set of photos, because as photos they are a good example of overprocessed HDR or image blending. The problem is that the inside of any house in sunlight is darker than outside, and we all know that and therefore it looks fake. However this photographer may be giving the agents and clients exactly what they want - a fairytale. When people buy a house they are buying into a fairytale, that they will live happily ever after if they buy the lovely house.

wembley's photos are heading in that direction too, but are far better. And I am SO impressed by the couch and table. The detail and shadows are utterly convincing. You are a real Photoshop master.

10. I do a little real estate photography. Often the home I'm shooting is waterfront and the view is a selling point. So when I shoot the interior the exterior view of the water through the large windows must also be properly exposed. I typically shoot a three shot bracket and use Lightroom's Merge to HDR function.

11. wembley

wembley

Mar 26, 2006
    Naples, Fl
    The photoshop work is not me. :) I have a processor who does that. They're really good.
    cheers
    wembley