Can the D300 show blown highlights on LCD?

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by cleoent, Sep 4, 2008.

1. cleoent

cleoent

Dec 21, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    On my D70, i use to just click over to the right or left and it would eventually show me my pic with blinking blown highlights. I can't figure out how to do this on the D300.

The manual is up in the box in the attic, so if possible i'd like to avoid getting it!

2. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Yep works the same as the other cameras, you have to turn it on though in the menu, it comes from the factory as default option off.

3. cleoent

cleoent

Dec 21, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    Thanks Wade :smile:

4. Commodorefirst

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    oops I left out the important stuff, go under display options, and check off what you want to be able to scroll to see.

Go to menu, left side, to the top to the display menu (triangle pointed thing) go to right to display options, select and go.

5. cleoent

cleoent

Dec 21, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    excellent!

6. Wait a minute guys,

on my D80 i don't need to go into menus, I just click the top/bottom arrow in the 4-direction pad, and the camera switches between:
    normal view -> highlight warning -> histogram view -> exif data

Is it possible that D300 doesn't have this simple solution, but you need to go into menus to see the highlight warning?!

7. You don't have to go through the menu to see a "blinky" view; you just set it up (one time) as one of your selected display options in the playback menu. When reviewing images, you can cycle through the different views (EXIF, full screen, RBG histogram, etc.) using the D pad as with other Nikon bodies.

8. Commodorefirst

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    you have to set it up first so you can do that, oops,.. I see Dave beat me to it, should read all the thread before replying.